Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Gear Question!- Female Beginner (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51726-gear-question-female-beginner.html)

sarahofthesea 11-29-2012 06:49 PM

Gear Question!- Female Beginner

Hi Everyone!

So, I've been doing a ton of research over the past couple of days because I am in the market for some new snowboarding gear. Now, I haven't snowboarded in almost 4 years, and even when I was snowboarding I was by no means good. I mean, I could make it down the mountain, fall free, and i could decently carve.

Anyways, I've only owned one board... an Elan 151cm, not sure of the model. I always found it heavy and very stiff though, not sure if that was just my inexperience.

I'm thinking of purchasing the Flow Jewel 149cm

Is this a good choice for a beginner?

Will it suit me once I've progressed some?

It says this board is good for free riding and freestyle, anybody's personal experience? (I read a review on snow betty's and they said they loved it)

is this the right size board for me?

Also here are my stats
Height: 5'7
Weight: 145
Shoe Size: 8.5

any suggestions on bindings, i was looking at the k2 cassette ltd from a couple season's ago, that have the polyurethane backing(i think)

or

flow muse

sorry, if that was long-winded, just wanted to be detailed.

also, any other suggestions would be more than welcome!
i'm looking at buying a board that's a couple season's old so that I can save some cash, same schtick with the bindings

sarahofthesea 11-29-2012 08:57 PM

bahhhhh 88 views and nobody wants to help me. the horror.

24WERD 11-29-2012 09:08 PM

My gf has a GNU b-PRO from 2010-2011 with men's flux tt30 med which will fit you with a 8.5 women's boot.

used one season for 350.

otherwise can't help you.

Howlingsonnets 11-29-2012 09:14 PM

I have a flow jewel and its SIIIIICK! Tons of forgiveness but handles powder very well and if ur going to try jibbing its smooth as butter! Def a great great board!

Howlingsonnets 11-29-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahofthesea (Post 545282)
Hi Everyone!

So, I've been doing a ton of research over the past couple of days because I am in the market for some new snowboarding gear. Now, I haven't snowboarded in almost 4 years, and even when I was snowboarding I was by no means good. I mean, I could make it down the mountain, fall free, and i could decently carve.

Anyways, I've only owned one board... an Elan 151cm, not sure of the model. I always found it heavy and very stiff though, not sure if that was just my inexperience.

It says this board is good for free riding and freestyle, anybody's personal experience? (I read a review on snow betty's and they said they loved it)

Also here are my stats

any suggestions on bindings, i was looking at the k2 cassette ltd from a couple season's ago, that have the polyurethane backing(i think)

or

flow muse

i'm looking at buying a board that's a couple season's old so that I can save some cash, same schtick with the bindings

Im 5'8 140lbs and i bought the 149 model....if that helps!

Howlingsonnets 11-29-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahofthesea (Post 545282)
Hi Everyone!

Also here are my stats

or

flow muse

Sorry for the constant back to back posts...im using the tapatalk app n its a lil weird

I wear 8 in boots but i havent bought new bindings...i still have my burton citizens from 2011....i DID wanna give the muses a try but i couldnt afford it

I order from a store on ebay...mom n pop place in state college, pa called snowdealsnow.com

They have great prices free shipping and fast!

The flow jewel is $199 right now for a 149

I dont know where you are from but i just scoped REI store in conshoken pa (right outside of philly) they have a bunch of boards on sale right now....

I will throw the ride vxn or lxh bindings out there...i was DEF looking at those as possible nexts

Once again sorry so choppy!

sarahofthesea 11-29-2012 10:08 PM

awesome, awesome!

thanks for the input!

:) can't wait to get out there this season
.. just bought a pass to whistler for only 489$, student discount.... it's like 1000$ off, how can ya go wrong?!

Howlingsonnets 11-29-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahofthesea (Post 545398)
awesome, awesome!

thanks for the input!

:) can't wait to get out there this season
.. just bought a pass to whistler for only 489$, student discount.... it's like 1000$ off, how can ya go wrong?!

Def a sweet deal....

I bought a pass to camelback for $200 and our local radio station 93.3 WMMR every year does a $24/ticket w a limit of 5 pp.....so i got 10 of those....therefore i can go tO either.....

Did u go with the flow jewel?

sarahofthesea 12-04-2012 08:29 PM

Yes, I did go with the Flow Jewel!! .. Just need a chance to head over the border to the REI store to pick it up! :) cannot wait!

Howlingsonnets 12-05-2012 06:07 AM

Awesome!!! Where you from!? Im gna assume canada?