Does a deeper heel side cut = more heel drag? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does a deeper heel side cut = more heel drag?

So, I am debating on getting a new Gnu Riders Choice but am concerned about heel side drag from my big ass boots and XL bindings. I have the 2010 Riders choice and currently use 2011 Ride Delta bindings. I feel like when I go hard on the heel side or am trying to traverse steep areas my boots and the back frame of my bindings dig in and fuck me all up. I wear a 13 boot and have my settings so that the heel and toe are equally hung over the edge of the board. The new R.C. has Pickle tech that gives a deeper heel side cut. Will that make my current heel drag worse?

Thanks much!~
that1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is exactly what I was wondering. I wanted to demo one but there are very few places that are willing to rent new demo stuff due to the low snow cover. I am ready to pull the trigger on the board but I have to convince the wife that I can make these bindings work for a while. Have monies budgeted for the board but had to buy all new gear for the boy this year so we are out of funds beyond the board.

I am taking it easy this year any way so if the Delta's don't work on the board, I am cool to finish the season and worry about it when the spring sale's start.

Edited to add: Yeah I ride a 161 W. Going to get the 164 W this year since I have put on a few pounds recovering from my broken ankle :/
that1guy is offline   Reply With Quote