Help me pick my Never Summer Board! - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Banned!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
eh... I borrowed a 158cm board (1998 K2 Electra) my second season when I was 125 lbs. It only felt a little long turning it and it was actually more stable on jumps (I could only do a fs 180 back then).
You woulda loved this board at loveland today, it made all the ones next to it look like kids decks. I'm pretty sure I could have paddled into surf on it.

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
You woulda loved this board at loveland today, it made all the ones next to it look like kids decks. I'm pretty sure I could have paddled into surf on it.
I recently was talking to a shop owner in CO about trying out some boards... The moment I told him I had some basic BX/race experience (even though I specifically said I didn't want to recreate that feel) he immediately ignored my requests for a 155 and said I should be riding a 163... Took me a while to even let him consider offering me something as "short" in his eyes as a 155 for 145 lbs.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 AM
lost in the ugly trees

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
155 definitely. I am 195lbs and I ride a 158 SL for my splitboard and a 161 SL for my groomer board. There is no reason for someone your side to ride a board longer than 155 for anything

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode