Is this a good purchase? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

He just wants you to tell him to buy it. It is clear he made up his mind and just wants 1 single person to tell him he's right even though everyone has said it's too large.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

LOL!

That sucks, because that board is fucking giant and is gonna have way more un-fun moments than fun ones. But if he wants a board that rides him, he's found it.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
He just wants you to tell him to buy it. It is clear he made up his mind and just wants 1 single person to tell him he's right even though everyone has said it's too large.
That's actually what I'm not looking for. I'm looking for a big challenge. A board that'll make me feel like a beginner again. I've grown bored of snowboarding and I need something to make it interesting again. I have just bought the board because of all the advice you guys have given me. You may call me ignorant and stubborn, but if you were at my level of snowboarding, you'd understand. I don't want to come off as arrogant, but there's really nothing more to snowboarding for me than to go pro. And that's the last thing I want to do. I want to keep Snowboarding as a hobby, not a lifestyle. I really don't want anyone to start hating me and calling me stubborn because I don't listen to people's advice or arrogant because I'm saying I'm too good for snowboarding. You've given me the advice I've been looking for. I wouldn't have bought it if one person told me the board is a good size.
protechjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protechjump View Post
but there's really nothing more to snowboarding for me than to go pro. And that's the last thing I want to do.
If you're that good, why are you asking for advice from posters on an internet forum? You obviously know way more than anyone here.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Quote:
That's actually what I'm not looking for. I'm looking for a big challenge. A board that'll make me feel like a beginner again. I've grown bored of snowboarding and I need something to make it interesting again. I have just bought the board because of all the advice you guys have given me. You may call me ignorant and stubborn, but if you were at my level of snowboarding, you'd understand. I don't want to come off as arrogant, but there's really nothing more to snowboarding for me than to go pro. And that's the last thing I want to do. I want to keep Snowboarding as a hobby, not a lifestyle. I really don't want anyone to start hating me and calling me stubborn because I don't listen to people's advice or arrogant because I'm saying I'm too good for snowboarding. You've given me the advice I've been looking for. I wouldn't have bought it if one person told me the board is a good size.
lol... really, just lol.

are you kidding me? go find new terrain if your hill is too difficult for you.

this was a terrible buy on your part. this board is too big for you and you'll look and feel like a jerk off riding it. this isn't going to challenge you, it's going to make your form and style turn to shit.

clearly you aren't that great of a rider, because if you were you would know this is a horrible board for you. and you'd know that getting a bigger board isn't more of a challenge, it just makes you look like a jackass. find some new terrain or try a different style of riding if you want to be challenge.

your fucking cockiness is rude.

EDIT - go around your local mountain saying "my next level is to go pro" and see how fucking quickly you get punched in the jaw

Quote:
It says it's made for people that weigh 155-195 pounds. Is this with gear on?
AND THIS. your next level is pro? and you ask THIS?! fuck off, troll-tard

Last edited by alaric; 12-01-2012 at 09:11 PM.
alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

The-House.com has a pretty good sale on previous season's stuff right now. Brand choice is pretty personal, and there are already a ton of threads here about one brand vs. another.
If you want to buy Burton, they have a decent price on the Super Hero and Supermodel, amongst others.
Just don't tell anyone around here you're buying a Burton....
jdthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

EH. PIC. LULZ.

Dude, if you want an inappropriate, giant board to ride for a "challenge" go to craigslist.

You can find a fuckload of 'em that will be just as "challenging" for way less money.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Haha this is what I was expecting. Do you expect me to lie about my skill to seem less cocky? I don't know much about boards because I haven't bought my own board until now. It was either a hand-me-down board from my older brothers or a board that my father picked out for me. I've done a little research and found out that this board is perfect for my use. I don't do bullshit boxes and rails, I do real snowboarding; I carve. And not that pointless carving that you see on ExpertVillage videos, or videos of random nobodies carving on a blue run, I carve for real. If you don't know what that is, here's a video: Snowboard carving technique: Extreme Carving Opus 3 - YouTube. You may say "Get a hard-boot board!" But I need something that can do nearly the same as a free ride board, but can actually do big jumps. I know there are cross racing boards that are able to do all of the above, but those cost over 1000 dollars. Now listen you motherfuckers, don't get mad because I'm good at snowboarding, and don't get mad that I don't listen to your shitty advice. By shitty I mean, have you ever ridden a board too big for you? No, so calm down.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard, your asking us advice and your as good as a pro...MY ASS, lol I'm sorry but you shouldn't have said that it is quite obvious that you were a noob, or maybe an intermediate, but NOT a pro!
I'm out
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
EH. PIC. LULZ.
I'll never even read, or even consider a post that opens with this.