Is this a good purchase? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is this a good purchase?

There is a 2013 Burton Custom X for 425 dollars for sale, and I'm asking for your guys' advice on whether to purchase it or not. The downside of this purchase is that it is 160 centimeters. I'm 5'9 and 130 pounds. However, I'm 16, so I'm able to gain weight in muscle pretty quickly if needed. I mostly freeride and occasionally do big jumps and cliff drops. I also cross race, and am always on the podium. I live in Vancouver so I ride in icy conditions most of the time and sometimes, if I'm fortunate, powder. I have ridden for 3 seasons and get 40+ days per season. Is this a good purchase? Or should I look for something else? The msrp of this board is 799. I forgot to mention that this board is brand new, in its original packaging. Thanks for all of your help.
protechjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protechjump View Post
There is a 2013 Burton Custom X for 425 dollars for sale, and I'm asking for your guys' advice on whether to purchase it or not. The downside of this purchase is that it is 160 centimeters. I'm 5'9 and 130 pounds. However, I'm 16, so I'm able to gain weight in muscle pretty quickly if needed. I mostly freeride and occasionally do big jumps and cliff drops. I also cross race, and am always on the podium. I live in Vancouver so I ride in icy conditions most of the time and sometimes, if I'm fortunate, powder. I have ridden for 3 seasons and get 40+ days per season. Is this a good purchase? Or should I look for something else? The msrp of this board is 799. I forgot to mention that this board is brand new, in its original packaging. Thanks for all of your help.
All I am going to say is 160 seems HUGE for your stats. I am 6' 160lbs and ride a smaller board.
atr3yu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats an incredible deal! problem is that it is waaay too big for you I'm 5'11" 165 lb, I ride a 158... Try the burton custom flying V
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is it possible to grow accustomed to the length? Appreciate your advice.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it possible to grow accustomed to the length? Appreciate your advice.
the custom x is already extremely stiff, coupled with it being to big, it will be like riding a 2X4
Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

It says it's made for people that weigh 155-195 pounds. Is this with gear on?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
what site is this? For what your going to be doing it's too big...My dicipline is freeriding, like i said I ride a 158...sorry for your loss
Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Stop trying to talk yourself into buying this. Its way to big.
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

This board is too big.
Look around for something in the 154 range. A 160 would be too big for you, unless you're spending your time racing/carving. There are currently lots of good deals on boards in the 150-155 range online. Find a good deal and pull the trigger.
jdthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthai View Post
This board is too big.
Look around for something in the 154 range. A 160 would be too big for you, unless you're spending your time racing/carving. There are currently lots of good deals on boards in the 150-155 range online. Find a good deal and pull the trigger.
Jdthai, any tips on exact boards in that size range? There are so many sale/clearance boards on the websites out there. I'm looking for the same kind of board that protechjump is ISO
lakeclimbr is offline   Reply With Quote