Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Another Smokin Superpark thread (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51780-another-smokin-superpark-thread.html)

Thom 12-01-2012 02:29 PM

Another Smokin Superpark thread
 
I'm aware there's already a ton of threads about the Superpark, I just wanted to make sure and ask one last time before I pull the trigger. I read all the reviews I could find, here's what it comes down to the way I see it:

It's a park board that'll keep you standing all over the mountain.
It'd cost me considerably less than a Mervin or other brand board with identical or similar technology/profile. Also, it's fugly, but that's nothing a bunch of stickers can't fix:)

Does that sound about right? I guess there's always gonna be some sort of compromise when you're shopping for an allmountain board that's supposed to be able to handle absolutely everything you throw at it.

429Euro incl shipping for a 2012/13 Smokin Superpark (152).

Height/weight: 172cm/68kg. Skills/experience: Over ten weeks, but I thought myself everything, and I guess it shows. I'm still a noob in the park, just started to get interested in rails and small jumps two seasons ago. It took a while to grow the balls I guess:)

I'm addicted to pow, but I very very rarely get the chance to ride anything but hardpack/ice/groomers.

For obvious reasons I'm particularly interested to hear from the UK/EU guys here, though I guess the EU crowd isn't the big around here.

What do you guys think? Safe choice for an intermediate rider? Decent price?

Cheers!

Edge 12-01-2012 02:38 PM

You won't find many of us UK folk around, guess it's the lack of resorts has put our boarder population pretty low. As for EU, I find the Alps tends to be pretty good for pow, so you might get a chance if you head over to Frogland.

As for the board, I've never tried it so I can't comment. I was in a similar boat to you, as in I wanted a park board that would hold up all-mountain, but I settled for an Arbor Westmark (; Offers a lot more than the Draft, and you can't complain at rocker when it comes to pow.

hktrdr 12-01-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thom (Post 546097)
I'm aware there's already a ton of threads about the Superpark, I just wanted to make sure and ask one last time before I pull the trigger. I read all the reviews I could find, here's what it comes down to the way I see it:

It's a park board that'll keep you standing all over the mountain.
It'd cost me considerably less than a Mervin or other brand board with identical or similar technology/profile. Also, it's fugly, but that's nothing a bunch of stickers can't fix:)

Does that sound about right? I guess there's always gonna be some sort of compromise when you're shopping for an allmountain board that's supposed to be able to handle absolutely everything you throw at it.

429Euro incl shipping for a 2012/13 Smokin Superpark (152).

Height/weight: 172cm/68kg. Skills/experience: Over ten weeks, but I thought myself everything, and I guess it shows. I'm still a noob in the park, just started to get interested in rails and small jumps two seasons ago. It took a while to grow the balls I guess:)

I'm addicted to pow, but I very very rarely get the chance to ride anything but hardpack/ice/groomers.

For obvious reasons I'm particularly interested to hear from the UK/EU guys here, though I guess the EU crowd isn't the big around here.

What do you guys think? Safe choice for an intermediate rider? Decent price?

Cheers!

Two comments:
- Despite the name the Superpark is not really primarily a park board. I would describe it as a super playful all-mountain board or maybe a park-all-mountain crossover board. Basically a better version of the Lib-Tech TRS.
- 152 a bit on the short side, unless the vast majority of your riding is park. Going up one size will help with stability at speed and float in pow.

Thom 12-02-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 546168)
Two comments:
- Despite the name the Superpark is not really primarily a park board. I would describe it as a super playful all-mountain board or maybe a park-all-mountain crossover board. Basically a better version of the Lib-Tech TRS.
- 152 a bit on the short side, unless the vast majority of your riding is park. Going up one size will help with stability at speed and float in pow.

Yeah, I agree 153 or 154 would've been perfect and even better suited for my style, but I've never riden anything but 152 boards, and I also figured that dispite being larger and more stable, an extra cm or two won't make a world of difference in pow anyway...Right?

It's just that the deal I'm talking about is for that one 152 board, it's a clearout sale or something, and they don't have any other sizes available. Other places I found that have the same deck in bigger sizes (or a 153 Lib Tech TRS for that matter) are all asking 550Euro or more:s

hktrdr 12-02-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thom (Post 546378)
Yeah, I agree 153 or 154 would've been perfect and even better suited for my style, but I've never riden anything but 152 boards, and I also figured that dispite being larger and more stable, an extra cm or two won't make a world of difference in pow anyway...Right?

It's just that the deal I'm talking about is for that one 152 board, it's a clearout sale or something, and they don't have any other sizes available. Other places I found that have the same deck in bigger sizes (or a 153 Lib Tech TRS for that matter) are all asking 550Euro or more:s

Well, one size up is 156, which is about perfect for what you looking to do. I reckon it boils down to how much powder you plan to ride - in pow every cm counts!

Note: All of the above (including my previous post) assumes you are looking at the CTX/Clash Rocker version of the Superpark. If it is the traditional camber option then you should almost definitely go bigger.

Thom 12-02-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 546381)
Well, one size up is 156, which is about perfect for what you looking to do. I reckon it boils down to how much powder you plan to ride - in pow every cm counts!

Note: All of the above (including my previous post) assumes you are looking at the CTX/Clash Rocker version of the Superpark. If it is the traditional camber option then you should almost definitely go bigger.

Forgot to mension: I'm indeed looking at the CTX hybrid vesion.

You may be right about the rager size, but for someone who's used to riding a 152 board and still is a noob in the park, the diea of riding a 156 deck is kinda terriffying:s

My pow dilemma: I wouldn't ride anything else if I could, but the sad truth is that I hardy ever get the chance to ride any pow at all:s
I may just have had bad luck the last couple of seasons, the mountains I been to are normally overlown with powder, but I'm still not sure it's a good idea to blow my heard earned money on a slighlty clumsy and park-unfriendly board:s

Bayoh 12-02-2012 10:04 PM

I'd go with the 152 to keep it playful in the park.

The majority of your pow floatation is gonna come from the board's hybrid profile than the overall surface area.

Argo 12-02-2012 10:19 PM

I have quite the lineup for smokin in my family. We get stupid deals from the company. I have 2 kt-22 boards, 1 best buds. My son has 2 hooligans, 1 buck ferton, 1 super park. My wife has a vixen.

The ctx is a great all around base profile. Magnatrac works great in all conditions. The newer boards(2011/12/13) are all pretty light weight. The 156 seems like the board you should get.... The hooligan is also a great all around board with their dirt rocker geared more to park. Buck ferton is a awesome all mountain board and a little less stiff than the super park. Super park I would put in the all mountain that works in the park category for sure.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2