burton cheetah with cartel S size bindings? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Kusanagi,
Yes, AK = Alaska. The Alps would be similar. In fact, the cheetah will be a good board for you. It will float in the powder and it's stiffness will give you edgehold and stability if you get into no fall zones.

ETM, .....just don't know what to say in reply to your comments

what would you say was inaccurate about my family tree descriptions?
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Kusanagi,
Yes, AK = Alaska. The Alps would be similar. In fact, the cheetah will be a good board for you. It will float in the powder and it's stiffness will give you edgehold and stability if you get into no fall zones.

ETM, .....just don't know what to say in reply to your comments

what would you say was inaccurate about my family tree descriptions?
Im not trying to get into an arguement with you but saying things like one board is for japan and one is for alaska is just so misleading.
There is no reason why the con artist is better in the trees of japan than the cheetah, in fact I would argue the opposite. Theres nothing as valuable as a swallowtail for gunning trees in japan or anywhere for that matter and how many times do you cut a crazy line through the trees switch? Probably none so why the hell not have a swallowtail.

You put yourself out there as someone who knows every board on the market intimately and kids will read what you write and take it as gospel. Thats no problem IF you do ride 50+ boards a year and compare them all. Even then its still only your view and every rider is different.

If you dont you are just freaking kids out with your generalizations of where a certain board can be ridden and as such making them miss out on what could be the perfect board for them.

If you really want to get into the details of the cheetah I suggest you grab a copy of car danchi 5 and check out the seki onsen footage of Terje filmed in 2010 and tell me what board hes riding so gracefully through the trees of japan.
Then also check out a little known board only sold in Japan called the burton stellar. Its a cheetah but in 165. Even bigger than the cheetah which if you were going to generalize again you would say its for big AK lines, but its not.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Actually, the con artist was designed by a Japanese rider, specifically for Japanese terrain. That's why it only comes in a 152. The con artist is a directional btw. Oh and don't take my word for it, check the burton site:
Family Tree Con Artist Snowboard | Burton Snowboards

Actually, I don't put myself out there as you suggest. I'm just sharing my experience/knowledge. I don't make shit up about boards having raduction just to make someone feel good about their purchase. I have ridden the con artist and the cheetah btw.

As for the cheetah, I'm sure it can handle seki trees no problem...but it was designed for going fast on big lines. Check terje's part in last years burton flic. Would you believe me if I told you he told me all about it at the beginning of the 11-12 season?
Anyways, Kusanagi asked what they were designed for, so I told him. I think maybe you should watch some of the burton family tree vids, where they explain the concept.
And finally, the stellar. Lol. Glad you've heard of it. Check out this post I made in march or April of the season before they released it. A B rep lent it to me for the day to get my thoughts on it.
EasyLoungin

The cheetah is an evolution of the stellar. The stellar is too soft and too long for hardcore riding (terje's words, which I happen to agree with). Like I said in that thread, the stellar is good for long pow meadows, like on a cat tour.

I hope this clears up the question of whether I'm full of shit or not
Old 12-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

went to the shop today, tried both the S and M sized cartels.

On the S sized ones the heel overhang and the toe overhang seems to be more or less the same.
But the ankle straps were too short and they had to be adjusted to the longest length to surround the ankles. Yet it looked flimsy and may break soon.

On the M sized ones the toe overhang would only be around 1cm while the heel overhang is around an inch.
If the transparent bubble on the binding fits precisely into the rail which is the middle of the board, then the heel overhang would definitely be larger.

So which size should i get?
kusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
went to the shop today, tried both the S and M sized cartels.

On the S sized ones the heel overhang and the toe overhang seems to be more or less the same.
But the ankle straps were too short and they had to be adjusted to the longest length to surround the ankles. Yet it looked flimsy and may break soon.

On the M sized ones the toe overhang would only be around 1cm while the heel overhang is around an inch.
If the transparent bubble on the binding fits precisely into the rail which is the middle of the board, then the heel overhang would definitely be larger.

So which size should i get?
you don't have to put the bubble in the centre, you can adjust the bindings so that the overhang is equal. Also note that you can probably make the toe part of the binding shorter or longer, at least on some burton bindings if not all.

Sounds like you should get the medium so the ankle straps are the right length.

lastly I hate all you guys with your deep powder and your cheetah's, I so wish I lived somewhere that I had good reason to have a cheetah instead of riding the white ribbon of death unless I get on a plane
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Hopefully I am not too late here.

Get some Womens bindings, size M, or L, try them on. Lexa are good. The straps will fit better. Fuck colors. Get hot pink, none cares.

7.5 boot is tough. Remember the waist is at the center, so the board tapers a lot. good luck, if you are a good rider, that board will rock no matter the size of your foot.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Kusanagi,
with a burton 7.5 boot you should get the smalls. They are listed up to a size 8 so you should have no problem there. How did you try them? Did you just put the boot in them or did you put the boot on your foot and then try them?
I find if my foot isn't in them, you can't crank the straps down like normal. Also, even if you're on the last hole on the straps, don't worry - they won't break. Burton tests their straps to work on every hole.

oh, and if you can find the cartel limited or regional love cartels, get those. They are better than regular cartels. Also, remember you don't need to get the est version.
If you can find the french regional cartels, let me know! or even better, the german ones (don't know if they have some)
Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Kusanagi,
with a burton 7.5 boot you should get the smalls. They are listed up to a size 8 so you should have no problem there. How did you try them? Did you just put the boot in them or did you put the boot on your foot and then try them?
I find if my foot isn't in them, you can't crank the straps down like normal. Also, even if you're on the last hole on the straps, don't worry - they won't break. Burton tests their straps to work on every hole.

oh, and if you can find the cartel limited or regional love cartels, get those. They are better than regular cartels. Also, remember you don't need to get the est version.
If you can find the french regional cartels, let me know! or even better, the german ones (don't know if they have some)
you mean the boots get smaller when I put my feet into them, doesnt that sound weird?

how much toe overhang of the boot beyond the toe plate of the binding should there be?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yes, they get smaller because you pull the laces tight. You can pull out the gas pedal (toe plate) to get the right fit
Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

the toe plates are already adjusted to the shortest distance on an M sized binding and there is only 1cm of overhang. i suppose thats too little?