Is this a fair deal for a Burton package? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is this a fair deal for a Burton package?

I'm selling some of my gear and I want to get your guys opinion if this is a fair deal, and if it isn't too low/high.

I've got a Burton Blunt 159 wide (2011 model), Burton Freestyle bindings, and Burton Moto boots. Originally it cost me about $450, and when I looked these items up online it was still about $400 dollars when I added them together.

Last year I only went snowboarding three times, this gear has barely ever been used (thats when I bought it). It's in pristine condition. I'm asking $300, do you think thats a fair price considering the gear hasn't been hardly used? Thanks.
filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by filter View Post
I'm selling some of my gear and I want to get your guys opinion if this is a fair deal, and if it isn't too low/high.

I've got a Burton Blunt 159 wide (2011 model), Burton Freestyle bindings, and Burton Moto boots. Originally it cost me about $450, and when I looked these items up online it was still about $400 dollars when I added them together.

Last year I only went snowboarding three times, this gear has barely ever been used (thats when I bought it). It's in pristine condition. I'm asking $300, do you think thats a fair price considering the gear hasn't been hardly used? Thanks.
Look at it this way - $225 - $250 would seem fair for the board with bindings, although it is really 2 year models old, regardless of when you got it.

I dunno who would buy used boots unless they had to.

Hope that helps
havin_a_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

You can ask whatever you want. It's only worth what someone will pay for it. I did some quick research and you're pretty much bang on that combo being about $400 to find now online.

Now the question is would I pay $300 for something used (even used for one run is used... no warranty, etc.) when I could get new for $100 more? Not me, but somebody might. I'd say ask $300 and you'll probably get $250 for it if you find the right buyer.

Hope this helps...
poutanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes thanks for the help.
filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Personally, I put a value on used stuff (not just boarding stuff, all Craigslist type things) at 50% of new and work down from there. Unopened box 50%; opened, but only used once or twice 40%. I start there and tweak it up or down depending on the item, it's rarity, durablility, etc.

Sorry, but something as common as a used Burton snowboard setup that I can get for $400 new with a warranty? $200 tops, maybe a little more if I don't have to pay shipping, less if I do.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote