Torn on the right board for me!! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizors View Post
I agree with you on that philosophy Bayoh, is there a Flow board you have had good experience with and would recommend?
Last year I demo'd the Verve. Lower end board. It was fun to practice buttering and pressing on, but I'm pretty sure the base was extruded as I got the sticky feeling in slushy snow.

You'll feel a significant difference between an extruded and sintered base in regards to speed. There are different ratings for sintered bases which I honestly don't fully understand. As long as it's sintered though it'll feel smooth and fast on the snow.

Btw, try demoing boards whenever you can. First-hand experience is the best. Just take leaps of faith if it's hard for you to find them(I did so with my Signal Park with recommendation from Nivek, which was a purchase I came out happy with).
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
If you're drooling over the Proto and have the money for it, go for it. Trust me, you won't be let down.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #23 (permalink)

Great advice, I read up on the bases a while ago and how they are made but all I really remember is to get the sintered.

I think that's what I'll do, rent all the ones I like and were recommended and see what I like best.

In terms of sizing, I'm under the impression I should riding as low as a 151 for park and sayyy I dunno 159 for pow? I'm 152 lbs. I prefer good control so I'm thinking maybe a 153/154 would be a good in between?
Brizors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Great advice, I read up on the bases a while ago and how they are made but all I really remember is to get the sintered.

I think that's what I'll do, rent all the ones I like and were recommended and see what I like best.

In terms of sizing, I'm under the impression I should riding as low as a 151 for park and sayyy I dunno 159 for pow? I'm 152 lbs. I prefer good control so I'm thinking maybe a 153/154 would be a good in between?
You pretty much got it. Every board and board manufacturer will be slightly different on sizing, but overall that's your window.

I weigh 145ish lbs and I prefer 152cm boards for freestyle all-mountain just for comparison, give or take a cm depending on the board.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Very interesting, my friends 2007 or so RC doesn't have MTX but it seems the newer ones do??? Anyways you still recommend the berserk over the RC? How is the Berserk in flex compared to the RC and how was it in terms of messing around down the run, say throwing some butters and quick kickers, also what about landing big air?
To be honest there wasnt "big air" i was in the small park with both boards and some natural drops of about 5ft so nothing that was huge. I did notice i felt more stable when landing the zerker although in saying that it probably isn't quite as forgiving as the RC.

Butters would probably be better on the RC as the zerker has a softer nose and stiffer tail due to it be directional. Although again all i did was nose and tail presses, thats about my buttering level. The zerker was noticeably more poppy!

My RC was 2012 so def had C2BTX, again i really liked it but for me the zerker suits better!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:

Good luck
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

Thank you all so much, this helped me out a ton!
Brizors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

Since you read the good ride you might want to check out their review on the jones mountain twin. Might be the best board I have taken out in a few years.
Angler is offline   Reply With Quote