Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton T6, Burton T7, Custom X (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/51960-burton-t6-burton-t7-custom-x.html)

BWayne89 12-05-2012 04:58 PM

Burton T6, Burton T7, Custom X

Ideally I would like to get a hold of a T7 model but I havent been able to locate one. I realize the T7 is basically the updated t6. Somehow the T6 model 164cm Wide is still available. Should I settle for a T6 or grab this years model Custom X. Ideally I want a hard charging carving board for groomers and powder scenarios.

Supra 12-05-2012 06:12 PM

get whichever is cheapest, as long as it's the right size for you. they feel pretty similar, with the t6 having a bit more oomph. the vibration dampening pads under the bindings will rip off in no time though

BWayne89 12-05-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 548427)
get whichever is cheapest, as long as it's the right size for you. they feel pretty similar, with the t6 having a bit more oomph. the vibration dampening pads under the bindings will rip off in no time though

Seriously? The quality is that cheap?

Supra 12-05-2012 07:41 PM

bad design. on the t7 they put those pads under the topsheet

poutanen 12-05-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWayne89 (Post 548382)
Ideally I would like to get a hold of a T7 model but I havent been able to locate one. I realize the T7 is basically the updated t6. Somehow the T6 model 164cm Wide is still available. Should I settle for a T6 or grab this years model Custom X. Ideally I want a hard charging carving board for groomers and powder scenarios.

I've got about 70 days on a T7 so far... It's a machine. Finding one will be next to impossible (I looked last year at this time because my movers cracked the topsheet).

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWayne89 (Post 548440)
Seriously? The quality is that cheap?

I had a T6 prior to the T7 and the black vinyl/plastic on top of the pads came off on day one. Gave it back to the store and Burton sent me back a T7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 548451)
bad design. on the t7 they put those pads under the topsheet

I find this really hard to believe. In fact I just checked my board... I just held my board up to the light and I can see right through it where those pads were on the T6... There is a much smaller D shaped area you can see through the base. Maybe they changed the dimensions of it? Seems like a weird thing to put inside a board though.

It's an aluminium honeycomb, FG, and CF beast of a board! :yahoo:

If you ever find one buy it and sell it to me at a premium...

Edit: I should mention the topsheet is very weak on these. They chip and crack easy, but it doesn't affect the performance of the board so who cares... I was just disheartened the first time my $1000 board cracked!

Supra 12-05-2012 08:33 PM

the same pads can now be found on the sherlock and process (under the top sheet)

cd21 12-05-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 548467)
the same pads can now be found on the sherlock and process (under the top sheet)

^^^^^^^^^Truth

BWayne89 12-05-2012 08:58 PM

is the Custom X a reasonable board to settle with if Im unable to find a honeycomb board

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 548459)
I've got about 70 days on a T7 so far... It's a machine. Finding one will be next to impossible (I looked last year at this time because my movers cracked the topsheet).

I had a T6 prior to the T7 and the black vinyl/plastic on top of the pads came off on day one. Gave it back to the store and Burton sent me back a T7.

I find this really hard to believe. In fact I just checked my board... I just held my board up to the light and I can see right through it where those pads were on the T6... There is a much smaller D shaped area you can see through the base. Maybe they changed the dimensions of it? Seems like a weird thing to put inside a board though.

It's an aluminium honeycomb, FG, and CF beast of a board! :yahoo:

If you ever find one buy it and sell it to me at a premium...

Edit: I should mention the topsheet is very weak on these. They chip and crack easy, but it doesn't affect the performance of the board so who cares... I was just disheartened the first time my $1000 board cracked!

Supra 12-05-2012 09:07 PM

yes, the custom x is an amazing board

poutanen 12-05-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWayne89 (Post 548479)
is the Custom X a reasonable board to settle with if Im unable to find a honeycomb board

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 548482)
yes, the custom x is an amazing board

Yeah, I'd still probably buy one of the 2010/2011 T6s off eBay for $500 before I'd buy a Custom X... That said I've suggested the Custom X to tons of people.