Burton T6, Burton T7, Custom X - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton T6, Burton T7, Custom X

Ideally I would like to get a hold of a T7 model but I havent been able to locate one. I realize the T7 is basically the updated t6. Somehow the T6 model 164cm Wide is still available. Should I settle for a T6 or grab this years model Custom X. Ideally I want a hard charging carving board for groomers and powder scenarios.
BWayne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

get whichever is cheapest, as long as it's the right size for you. they feel pretty similar, with the t6 having a bit more oomph. the vibration dampening pads under the bindings will rip off in no time though
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
get whichever is cheapest, as long as it's the right size for you. they feel pretty similar, with the t6 having a bit more oomph. the vibration dampening pads under the bindings will rip off in no time though
Seriously? The quality is that cheap?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

bad design. on the t7 they put those pads under the topsheet
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
Ideally I would like to get a hold of a T7 model but I havent been able to locate one. I realize the T7 is basically the updated t6. Somehow the T6 model 164cm Wide is still available. Should I settle for a T6 or grab this years model Custom X. Ideally I want a hard charging carving board for groomers and powder scenarios.
I've got about 70 days on a T7 so far... It's a machine. Finding one will be next to impossible (I looked last year at this time because my movers cracked the topsheet).

Quote:
Seriously? The quality is that cheap?
I had a T6 prior to the T7 and the black vinyl/plastic on top of the pads came off on day one. Gave it back to the store and Burton sent me back a T7.

Quote:
bad design. on the t7 they put those pads under the topsheet
I find this really hard to believe. In fact I just checked my board... I just held my board up to the light and I can see right through it where those pads were on the T6... There is a much smaller D shaped area you can see through the base. Maybe they changed the dimensions of it? Seems like a weird thing to put inside a board though.

It's an aluminium honeycomb, FG, and CF beast of a board!

If you ever find one buy it and sell it to me at a premium...

Edit: I should mention the topsheet is very weak on these. They chip and crack easy, but it doesn't affect the performance of the board so who cares... I was just disheartened the first time my $1000 board cracked!

Last edited by poutanen; 12-05-2012 at 08:13 PM.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the same pads can now be found on the sherlock and process (under the top sheet)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
the same pads can now be found on the sherlock and process (under the top sheet)
^^^^^^^^^Truth
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

is the Custom X a reasonable board to settle with if Im unable to find a honeycomb board

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I've got about 70 days on a T7 so far... It's a machine. Finding one will be next to impossible (I looked last year at this time because my movers cracked the topsheet).

I had a T6 prior to the T7 and the black vinyl/plastic on top of the pads came off on day one. Gave it back to the store and Burton sent me back a T7.

I find this really hard to believe. In fact I just checked my board... I just held my board up to the light and I can see right through it where those pads were on the T6... There is a much smaller D shaped area you can see through the base. Maybe they changed the dimensions of it? Seems like a weird thing to put inside a board though.

It's an aluminium honeycomb, FG, and CF beast of a board!

If you ever find one buy it and sell it to me at a premium...

Edit: I should mention the topsheet is very weak on these. They chip and crack easy, but it doesn't affect the performance of the board so who cares... I was just disheartened the first time my $1000 board cracked!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yes, the custom x is an amazing board
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
is the Custom X a reasonable board to settle with if Im unable to find a honeycomb board
Quote:
yes, the custom x is an amazing board
Yeah, I'd still probably buy one of the 2010/2011 T6s off eBay for $500 before I'd buy a Custom X... That said I've suggested the Custom X to tons of people.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote