Burton T6, Burton T7, Custom X - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Default Burton T6, Burton T7, Custom X

Ideally I would like to get a hold of a T7 model but I havent been able to locate one. I realize the T7 is basically the updated t6. Somehow the T6 model 164cm Wide is still available. Should I settle for a T6 or grab this years model Custom X. Ideally I want a hard charging carving board for groomers and powder scenarios.
BWayne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 686
Default

get whichever is cheapest, as long as it's the right size for you. they feel pretty similar, with the t6 having a bit more oomph. the vibration dampening pads under the bindings will rip off in no time though
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
get whichever is cheapest, as long as it's the right size for you. they feel pretty similar, with the t6 having a bit more oomph. the vibration dampening pads under the bindings will rip off in no time though
Seriously? The quality is that cheap?
BWayne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 686
Default

bad design. on the t7 they put those pads under the topsheet
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
Ideally I would like to get a hold of a T7 model but I havent been able to locate one. I realize the T7 is basically the updated t6. Somehow the T6 model 164cm Wide is still available. Should I settle for a T6 or grab this years model Custom X. Ideally I want a hard charging carving board for groomers and powder scenarios.
I've got about 70 days on a T7 so far... It's a machine. Finding one will be next to impossible (I looked last year at this time because my movers cracked the topsheet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
Seriously? The quality is that cheap?
I had a T6 prior to the T7 and the black vinyl/plastic on top of the pads came off on day one. Gave it back to the store and Burton sent me back a T7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
bad design. on the t7 they put those pads under the topsheet
I find this really hard to believe. In fact I just checked my board... I just held my board up to the light and I can see right through it where those pads were on the T6... There is a much smaller D shaped area you can see through the base. Maybe they changed the dimensions of it? Seems like a weird thing to put inside a board though.

It's an aluminium honeycomb, FG, and CF beast of a board!

If you ever find one buy it and sell it to me at a premium...

Edit: I should mention the topsheet is very weak on these. They chip and crack easy, but it doesn't affect the performance of the board so who cares... I was just disheartened the first time my $1000 board cracked!

Last edited by poutanen; 12-05-2012 at 08:13 PM.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 686
Default

the same pads can now be found on the sherlock and process (under the top sheet)
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
the same pads can now be found on the sherlock and process (under the top sheet)
^^^^^^^^^Truth
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Default

is the Custom X a reasonable board to settle with if Im unable to find a honeycomb board


Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I've got about 70 days on a T7 so far... It's a machine. Finding one will be next to impossible (I looked last year at this time because my movers cracked the topsheet).



I had a T6 prior to the T7 and the black vinyl/plastic on top of the pads came off on day one. Gave it back to the store and Burton sent me back a T7.



I find this really hard to believe. In fact I just checked my board... I just held my board up to the light and I can see right through it where those pads were on the T6... There is a much smaller D shaped area you can see through the base. Maybe they changed the dimensions of it? Seems like a weird thing to put inside a board though.

It's an aluminium honeycomb, FG, and CF beast of a board!

If you ever find one buy it and sell it to me at a premium...

Edit: I should mention the topsheet is very weak on these. They chip and crack easy, but it doesn't affect the performance of the board so who cares... I was just disheartened the first time my $1000 board cracked!
BWayne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 686
Default

yes, the custom x is an amazing board
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
is the Custom X a reasonable board to settle with if Im unable to find a honeycomb board
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
yes, the custom x is an amazing board
Yeah, I'd still probably buy one of the 2010/2011 T6s off eBay for $500 before I'd buy a Custom X... That said I've suggested the Custom X to tons of people.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums