Dem pow Rockets. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Random drunk thoughts:

You don't neeeeed edge tech for a board, let alone one that will be pow specific. Rider skill should get you through your "oh shit" moments, which I have regardless of tech.

Extruded base for a powboard is also not a huge deal(breaker).

I sized up with my pow board, it made landings way easier for me.

I think any dedicated p0w stick will stoke you out, get the one that's in your price range, then geek out on other shapes later. For instance, I have a Charlie Slasher and rode it for three of the best days ever, now I wanna add the Bataleon Camel Toe, Burton Sherlock and maybe a slack country or powder snake later...even though it's dumb and I'm assuming I'm only going to get about 6-8 amazing pow days a year.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
I think it will be Torpedo and Blunt riding since I just commited a snowboard sin by bowing out of this Sunday!
Ok, i get paid on 7th so theres my board. Then on 21st and thats my binders. Ill go with torpedo after the 21 because i will need to make money for tickets and catch a ride, Ill be broke by then
Sunshine anyone? 3 hovy's riding together will be boss.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Ok, i get paid on 7th so theres my board. Then on 21st and thats my binders. Ill go with torpedo after the 21 because i will need to make money for tickets and catch a ride, Ill be broke by then
Sunshine anyone? 3 hovy's riding together will be boss.
I thought you bought a pass?
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
I thought you bought a pass?
Not for castle, silly Sally! I got one for sunshine.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Random drunk thoughts:

You don't neeeeed edge tech for a board, let alone one that will be pow specific. Rider skill should get you through your "oh shit" moments, which I have regardless of tech.

Extruded base for a powboard is also not a huge deal(breaker).

I sized up with my pow board, it made landings way easier for me.

I think any dedicated p0w stick will stoke you out, get the one that's in your price range, then geek out on other shapes later. For instance, I have a Charlie Slasher and rode it for three of the best days ever, now I wanna add the Bataleon Camel Toe, Burton Sherlock and maybe a slack country or powder snake later...even though it's dumb and I'm assuming I'm only going to get about 6-8 amazing pow days a year.
You're right about the edge tech and the extruded base not being a deal breaker for a pow board. The original question was for a pow board with a side of groomers... Which is where the other stuff kind of starts to shape the decision making process a little bit more. If it was a purely deep snow pow board I'd love to try out a Yes 420.... That board would be sweet as long as it never saw hard pack/groomers. It all depends on how large of a quiver you can finance... There's always one more board
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Why is that? I like the fish they put on as the graphics
because not much has changed on the board, except for the nug reduction, so you can get last years for prob. less money
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nug raduction on the fish, and barracuda, are just marketing terms. There are o changes from last year
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Nug raduction on the fish, and barracuda, are just marketing terms. There are o changes from last year
lol I mean to put nug reduction in quotes
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
You're right about the edge tech and the extruded base not being a deal breaker for a pow board. The original question was for a pow board with a side of groomers... Which is where the other stuff kind of starts to shape the decision making process a little bit more. If it was a purely deep snow pow board I'd love to try out a Yes 420.... That board would be sweet as long as it never saw hard pack/groomers. It all depends on how large of a quiver you can finance... There's always one more board
I missed the side of groomers part.

If that's the case, also take a look at the Charlie Slasher, which rides groomers pretty well and looks/acts like a regular snowboard.

Aaaaand, even though I haven't ridden one, the Burton Sherlock, which a lot of people say is a quiver killer.
(my next p0w shape)

I hear you on the quiver addiction. I never thought that'd be me, but last year I rotated boards every 5 or so days if conditions permitted and still feel like "I need this one."
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
I missed the side of groomers part.

If that's the case, also take a look at the Charlie Slasher, which rides groomers pretty well and looks/acts like a regular snowboard.

Aaaaand, even though I haven't ridden one, the Burton Sherlock, which a lot of people say is a quiver killer.
(my next p0w shape)

I hear you on the quiver addiction. I never thought that'd be me, but last year I rotated boards every 5 or so days if conditions permitted and still feel like "I need this one."
Mhm, i keep saying to myself that this will be my last. Then I see something new and I just feel the need to get it. Plus I'm building a board package because I don't have to pay for rent and school yet. I'm getting the hovercraft in 160 because of base, stiffness and camber with rocker. I'm also getting tt30's in black. So yeah.... Just have to wait for my pay checks and ill post pics by end of December. Arsenal and torpedo I can't wait to ride waist deep with my hovy, I hope you don't mind the third hovercraft?