Dem pow Rockets. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Smile Dem pow Rockets.

Stats: 6'2, size 10, 200lbs.
Use: Pow, deep pow, if the time is wrong - groomers.
What i like: Fast base, float, good maneuvering.
Which one i like and price: Bataleon camel toe - 399$, Jones Hovercraft - 399$, Burton Fish - 599$.
i need to know what size i need? Can you size down with pow sticks? Is sintered base needed when slaying pow?

Good things about each board:
Bataleon camelT - TBT (obviously) and comes in 158. I don't like the extruded base but the price is within my limit.
Jones Hovercraft - camber with rocker for float and response on groomers, Sintered base, magne ( i love it), and the price is also right.
Burton fish: price too high but i could manage, sintered base, doesn't have any edge tech which is bad and i like the graphics.

Bindings: was thinking pairing it up with TT30's for softer surfy-er feeling. Do i need responsive binding? OR SF45's. Size 10 k2 darko's so large should do right?

Took the time to lay this out nice so i would appreciate an answer. Don't hesitate to provide an alternative to my options as of boards, ill stick with flux. I'm either ordering from wired or some online shop that sends to Canada trough USPS because my local shops have outrageous prices.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Stats: 6'2, size 10, 200lbs.
Use: Pow, deep pow, if the time is wrong - groomers.
What i like: Fast base, float, good maneuvering.
Which one i like and price: Bataleon camel toe - 399$, Jones Hovercraft - 399$, Burton Fish - 599$.
i need to know what size i need? Can you size down with pow sticks? Is sintered base needed when slaying pow?

Good things about each board:
Bataleon camelT - TBT (obviously) and comes in 158. I don't like the extruded base but the price is within my limit.
Jones Hovercraft - camber with rocker for float and response on groomers, Sintered base, magne ( i love it), and the price is also right.
Burton fish: price too high but i could manage, sintered base, doesn't have any edge tech which is bad and i like the graphics.

Bindings: was thinking pairing it up with TT30's for softer surfy-er feeling. Do i need responsive binding? OR SF45's. Size 10 k2 darko's so large should do right?

Took the time to lay this out nice so i would appreciate an answer. Don't hesitate to provide an alternative to my options as of boards, ill stick with flux. I'm either ordering from wired or some online shop that sends to Canada trough USPS because my local shops have outrageous prices.
If your going to get the fish try to get last years model
cd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd21 View Post
If your going to get the fish try to get last years model
Why is that? I like the fish they put on as the graphics
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

56 hovercraft or 60 fish
don't know anything about the battaleon

or, for fun, the 50 burton fishcuit, or a nug or root (but less recommended)
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just bought a Hovercraft 156, your height I might go with the 160 (which should ride like a 164, the 156 rides like a 160). It's great on groomers and I loved it in the moguls even more than my TRice Pro. It's also crazy fast, and has a nice camber feel on the hard pack. I paired it with some Now IPOs for a surfy feel. I really considered the Camel Toe, but it has a flex of 4 and seemed way too soft for my riding style (also the extruded base wasn't winning any points for me) The Hovercraft is a more all around aggressive board that you can use any day on the hill really in my opinion, depending on your style of riding. The Camel Toe might be a more playful board, but the really aggressive TBT on it might be weird on the groomers, not sure.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I just bought a Hovercraft 156, your height I might go with the 160 (which should ride like a 164, the 156 rides like a 160). It's great on groomers and I loved it in the moguls even more than my TRice Pro. It's also crazy fast, and has a nice camber feel on the hard pack. I paired it with some Now IPOs for a surfy feel. I really considered the Camel Toe, but it has a flex of 4 and seemed way too soft for my riding style (also the extruded base wasn't winning any points for me) The Hovercraft is a more all around aggressive board that you can use any day on the hill really in my opinion, depending on your style of riding. The Camel Toe might be a more playful board, but the really aggressive TBT on it might be weird on the groomers, not sure.
Alright, well i meet you at trappers the other day. Then if i get a hovercraft then it will be three riding together. Anyways, if the 156 rides like a 160 im getting that. I like it to be floaty but also agile. I dont know. Good idea on the Now's. They look sick. I like the idea of tbt but i would like something high end with sintered base and stiffer construction. Hovercraft in 156 or 160 and some tt30's? If i get it i need to ride with you guys.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Would you tell me the price you payed for the hovercraft if you don't mind? Im guessing 460 or around there and 300 for bindings. I would like to trow some fluxes on it so i guess ill get board locally and bindings of wired.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I think it was around 750.00 for board and bindings.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Would you tell me the price you payed for the hovercraft if you don't mind? Im guessing 460 or around there and 300 for bindings. I would like to trow some fluxes on it so i guess ill get board locally and bindings of wired.

I paid $700 even for the Hovercraft and Burton Cartels at Ski Cellar. Torpedo's bindings cost a little more. Get yourself a hovercraft and we will hit Castle up real soon
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Yeah I think it was around 750.00 for board and bindings.
I think it will be Torpedo and Blunt riding since I just commited a snowboard sin by bowing out of this Sunday!
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote