Burton Nug.. smaller the better?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Nug.. smaller the better??

Hey guys,

Just picked up a Burton Nug Directional in size 144. I can't wait to try out this board this weekend at whistler, and I will def be writing up a review. On to my question. I had my choice of a 144 or a 148. I understand that you should ride this board 8-10cm smaller. I currently ride a 156 Custom on Burton triad bindings. My size is 5'9 170lbs. Which is at the very border of the size chart for this board.

I don't spend too much time in the park... I've read and watched all the reviews about how its a good board for pow (Dave Downing clip def persuaded me a little), but I decreased 12cm from my usual board size.

Anyone have any experience all-mountain with this board (esp. in powder), and do you think I should have gone for the 148?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Regul8or
Regul8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yeah, but what are you going to do if people tell you the 148 would have been better?
the 148 will give you more float, the 144 will be easier to throw around
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well I would just swap them. The Burton outlet has a nice return policy . I was just concerned over the weight ranges and such. thanks for the input, keep it coming!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

144 is TINY.
StreetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yep,it is pretty comical.. do you have any experience with this board though?? It's supposed to be ridden much smaller.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Honestly I don't, I looked into a 150 and I'm not that much bigger than you (200lbs) but 144 sounds tiny for anything other than a dedicated park board.
StreetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

are you looking at least year's sizes - this year Burton is showing 142, 146, and 150 for Nug sizes.

I would say that if you're getting this board as your only board i'd get the bigger size but if it's a 2nd board go small, it's kind of the point of it.

I rode one last year in spring conditions; it was a lot of fun even if you're not a park person, really easy to turn and easy to ollie and spin and so on. Personally when I think powder I think of a tapered board with a lot of setback or maybe something powder oriented but twin like the Sherlock, which is very floaty. I have a sherlock which I bought for trips out west, I doubt that if I had a Nug and I was told there was going to be deep snow I'd take it instead but I haven't ridden the Nug in deep snow so who knows, lots of fresh at whistler latlely, post a review.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ok, so swap it for the bigger size. Don't be worried about how small it is compared to reg boards.

Lamps, last year they had a directional version of the nug with iirc s-rocker and a little taper. Just awesome for allmountain. This year it has become the Root, with flat camber
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

I ride a nug 146 twin,and we are about the same size you may want the 148 for the float.
Bleedblue666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

148. Even I wouldn't go for a 144 and I'm 50lbs lighter than you.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burton, directional, nug, pow