Which Burton Custom? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which Burton Custom?

Hello all

Just wondering what board would be best for me... First off, let me say I've been snowboarding for 12 years now and see myself as an advanced/expert rider according to these charts. I really like to ride hard, I like to do jumps from time to time, but tbh.. I'm already feeling a bit old for this . I'm 185cm (6'07) tall, weigh about 75kg (165lbs) and have a size 46/47 (12).

First question, I now have a really old burton clash 158 with Drake MLB bindings, I liked it a lot but on higher speeds it becomes a bit dangerous and it has become way too loose. Will a Custom X be too extreme for a change, or should I go for the more forgiving Flying V?

Second question, my current board is not a wide board.. Is this really recommended? I do feel my feet hitting the snow sometimes, but so far it hasn't really bothered me. The problem is that here in Belgium it's not that easy to find wide boards from Burton, the only one I was able to find is the Custom X 164W. I think this will be too big, I may be wrong off course..

Third question, which bindings? The ones I have now seem to loose for my style.. I was thinking about Burton Mission...

Thanks for your advice.. Please don't start a discussion about what my abilities are or not, if I do overestimate myself and get a board that is way too difficult for me, that's my problem then.

Maarten
xackitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

What about the regular custom? Not as stiff as the X but more suited to your style than the flying V.
Snow Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xackitt View Post
Second question, my current board is not a wide board.. Is this really recommended? I do feel my feet hitting the snow sometimes, but so far it hasn't really bothered me. The problem is that here in Belgium it's not that easy to find wide boards from Burton, the only one I was able to find is the Custom X 164W. I think this will be too big, I may be wrong off course..
With size 12 boots you will want a wide board... And at 165 pounds the Custom X 164W will be a BIG board for you. I am one of the people that say it's okay to move to a bigger board, but that's quite big unless you're fairly advanced and know that you want a solid carving and powder board.

Moving up the the Custom X in general won't be a retarded step. I moved to it's stiffer brother and love it. The Custom X is available in a 159W which would be perfect for your weight and shoe size. They also make a 162W...

Another option would be a Volkl Squad Prime is available in a 159W... Might be cheaper for you in Europe... Völkl International | Snowboards | *Squad Prime
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Went to the store yesterday and bought a Ride Berzerker 159 Wide 2012 with new Burton Malavita's.. Let's hope it's a good choice, they didn't had any smaller wide Custom's and the guy at the shop assured me this would be as good or even better then the Custom for my needs . Thanks all for the help though!
xackitt is offline   Reply With Quote