TFA/Cobra/SL - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Taskmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TFA/Cobra/SL

Hey guys after getting messed around by Ride UK i'm back on the hunt for an all mountain board to compliment my Never Summer Evo.

I've already got a Capita TFA but have been offered great instructor discounts on a Never Summer Cobra and SL so i am very tempted to go for one.

Is anyone able to give any comparisons between all 3 boards? I'd like to know the glaring advantages/disadvantages if at all possible.

I know most on here are huge NS fans (as am i, LOOOOVE my Evo) but would appreciate unbiased opinions if possible.
Taskmaster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ever heard of that search thingy?
I heard it's great.

.lo0p
lo0p is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Taskmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo0p View Post
Ever heard of that search thingy?
I heard it's great.
Really? Where did you hear such magical things?

I have indeed searched and found NUMEROUS posts on each board but never a direct comparison between them hence me starting a new thread. If i've missed any posts that already answer my questions then apologies but would appreciate someone linking me so i can close this thread.

P.S
You need to work on your sarcastic banter, poor effort Sir.
Taskmaster is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
Really? Where did you hear such magical things?

I have indeed searched and found NUMEROUS posts on each board but never a direct comparison between them hence me starting a new thread. If i've missed any posts that already answer my questions then apologies but would appreciate someone linking me so i can close this thread.

P.S
You need to work on your sarcastic banter, poor effort Sir.
I actually edited my first post because I thought I was being a little too douchy.
I'm starting to think I shouldn't have.

The SL is probably the most talked about board on those forums, it comes up in about every other post.
As for the cobra, Snowolf wrote a VERY detailed review. The thread will answer every questions you have about the board and then some.
There are tons of posts specifically discussing the differences between those 2 boards.

Now to be fair I don't know much about the TFA, although I am sure you'll find info about it in those very forums.

Either way, i have no interest in arguing with you, it's an exercise in futility.
In fact, it's my fault, I should have know better than to reply to this thread.

.lo0p
lo0p is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Taskmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo0p View Post
I actually edited my first post because I thought I was being a little too douchy.
I'm starting to think I shouldn't have.

The SL is probably the most talked about board on those forums, it comes up in about every other post.
As for the cobra, Snowolf wrote a VERY detailed review. The thread will answer every questions you have about the board and then some.
There are tons of posts specifically discussing the differences between those 2 boards.

Now to be fair I don't know much about the TFA, although I am sure you'll find info about it in those very forums.

Either way, i have no interest in arguing with you, it's an exercise in futility.
In fact, it's my fault, I should have know better than to reply to this thread.
I'm not arguing at all, you've basically come up with the reason (the highlighted bit) why i posted so all good . Just to clarify though the reason why i started a seperate thread is because i would like some advice/opinions on the differences between them and my Capita. Again you're right saying there is LOOOOOOOADS of info on each board sperately but i would like a direct comparison from peeps if possible.

I think my dry British humour may have been lost buddy, didn't mean to come across as having a go.
Taskmaster is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
I think my dry British humour may have been lost buddy, didn't mean to come across as having a go.
Must be because I'm French

Read Snowolf's review of the cobra, it's very detailed and there are 31 pages of discussion in which that board is compared to a bunch of others (including the SL).

It sounds like you already have a park board (Evo) and a freeride board (TFA).
If you want something in the middle go with the SL. The Cobra is more freeride oriented.

.lo0p
lo0p is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Taskmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cheers mate had a good read through them a few times now, hoping someone who's had either of them and TFA can hop on with some advice
Taskmaster is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
The TFA is rocker, camber, rocker, the NS boards are camber, rocker, camber. The Cobra is slight setback, slight directional, with a slightly tapered spade tail, and a shovel nose made for PNW poo-pow. The TFA is slight directional twin with a centered stance if I remember right. Both profiles are fun to ride, you just have to figure out which one you'll like better. My info on the Cobra comes from Seeing Snowolf's and riding with him while he was on it. My info on the TFA comes from spending a day riding it. I don't really know much about the SL. I'm sure someone who does will chime in at some point.

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome