NS Proto - Grabbing it tomorrow! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Proto - Grabbing it tomorrow!

Going to be grabbing a NS Proto 157 tomorrow for the alps in January. I consider myself an 'improving' rider, got little grabs on kickers, 180 butters, but still got loads to learn!

So far I've been on an undersized skate banana, which is a whole lot of fun, and IMHO a great beginner board. I'll be keeping it for the indoor snow domes that we ride during the summer here. As you'd imagine it chatters if you go faster, but you get used to that.

Anyways before I pull that trigger, reckon the NS proto is a good match for me? Am 175lbs and will be grabbing 157cm stick. It's not going to kick my ass or be to stiff to butter around?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have a 157 Proto CT and I am 5'9 and 200lbs. I don't find it too stiff. As for butters, I really don't do butters so I'll leave that to others.
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Cool, thanks. The indoor domes are small so other than kickers and jibs it gets a bit boring!

Is it nice and easy to get it turning etc?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

I have the '54 at your weight and use it for all mountain, since you already have a smaller jibdeck in that lil sk8nana, the '57 would be a good size for a second board.

The 57' will be some work and require more technique to butter for sure, but if you want lazy butters you can do that on your 'nanner.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Went for the 157 and tested it today. Wowzors

At first I found due to the fairly surprising torsional stiffness that the back seemed to catch since I could be lazy on my skate banana. Few minutes to adjust and what a ride The rocker between the feet meant it wasn't fighting me on pressed like when I tried the ET did, but it was not at all chattery at the speeds I have the balls to go at. It felt great on big sweeping turns like I knew it would and I was surprised how quick I could whip it around too when going slow, possible since it's not too big?

Felt good in the air, nice pop and the base is probably the fastest I've ridden, but I've not tried any of the missile boards like the vapor. Love it