Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need Help Choosing a Board! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52023-need-help-choosing-board.html)

Mombo 12-07-2012 01:29 PM

Need Help Choosing a Board!

So I want to buy a new snowboard.. but not entirely sure what I should get,
I ride mostly in eastern ontario and quebec, so no big mountain stuff for me.
I love park so im looking at a board that will be a little more park focused, however I still want a board that can hold an edge at speed,

Right now I'm looking at the GNU park pickle, seemed like a good option coming from a sales rep at my local proshop.

looking to spend under 500$,

Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I am 6 foot and weigh about 155
I wear a size 10 ride boot

david_z 12-07-2012 01:59 PM

Never Summer Evo and Arbor Westmark are two more that I'd consider, the Westmark is actually only around $400 USD (though not sure what it costs in CDN).

Mombo 12-07-2012 02:22 PM

I really like the look of both the Westmark and Evo, but I'm in a fairly small city and my proshop doesn't stock either... they seem to be pretty big into Libtech/GNU and burton

anyone know any good canadian online retailers? looking through the thread on it now but if anyone has any personal experience thatd be great.

Freshies 12-08-2012 05:09 PM

hey

Check out the Burton Whammy bar. It's meant for all around riding and especially rails with the catch free edges.

Check out the footy of the board in action:
XXX SEXY SNOWBOARDING by Lord Andrew Szortyka's Burton Marley 2.5 - YouTube

Nivek 12-08-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freshies (Post 549561)
Check out the Burton Whammy bar. It's meant for all around riding and especially rails with the catch free edges.

Yeah he said he wanted to hold an edge at high speed. The Whammy is onee of the loosest boards I've ever seen.

I actually found that with the softer heelside core in the Pickle it didnt hold that great an edge even with the magne and asym cut.

Westmark is a great option if you can find it, Flow Era, Salomon Villain or Sabotage, K2 Fastplant, or a Yes Jackpot.

hktrdr 12-08-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Just going to quote my own post from the other thread here, since it fits:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 549643)
As nivek said, the Whammy Bar is a retarded recommendation for the OP. Why do keep suggesting it every board thread that you post in?

And what is up with the video? Ignoring personal animosities, your airs are good (better than mine for sure) but your rails need lots of work. Now top spamming every thread with that clip.

david_z 12-09-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

[/url]

FALSE.

10char

Ksonn 12-09-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombo (Post 549246)
I really like the look of both the Westmark and Evo, but I'm in a fairly small city and my proshop doesn't stock either... they seem to be pretty big into Libtech/GNU and burton

anyone know any good canadian online retailers? looking through the thread on it now but if anyone has any personal experience thatd be great.

hey you said you are in ontario not sure how close to toronto but if you ever get a chance there is a shop called sanctioned at yonge and steeles and idk about the westmark but I have seen evo's there for sure just a thought if you wanted to buy it in store and if you are anywhere within reasonable distance

Mombo 12-10-2012 11:59 AM

Thanks for the help guys,
Im pretty sure im gonna get the westmark, either online or I'll visit a proshop next time im in ottawa.