Absolute newb, rent? Or buy board? - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 AM   #51 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
wrath has ridden some womens boards; women ride mens boards (shayboarder).

OP's stats are more in the range of that of a womens board (no offense, OP)...might open him up to more options?
Op, I have size 6.5-7 boots, the reason I ride a women's board (Option trinity 158, option kendra starr 155, had (snapped the tail) a cambered gnu b-nice 155, and would like to have a b-pro 155) is that I like fast edge to edge, to do hotrod railing tight turns and it is somewhat a requirement due to the terrain at the home hill. The women's boards, for me must be the stiffer high-end boards because I also weigh 180# and need something to bust through the chop/chunder and something to be stable at higher speeds of 40-50 mph. I have men's boards also, billygoat 159, option northshore 162 and charlie slasher 164...had a banana 159...they are more regular width and are fine...however noticable more cumbersome for edge to edge response....(except for the billygoat which is torsionally softer....fricking great board...but its not a beginner board). A narrower waist board...say between 24-25 will allow a more quick edge to edge...wider than 25 it gets to be slower. However the other factors of board stiffness and the board's torsional stiffness also effect the performance. Sure there is rider skill...but my rider preference is quick edge to edge. As for learning a easier turning board, i.e., narrower and flexier will be easier than a wide or a stiffy or a torsionally stiff board. Back when I started 10 years ago there were less high-end women boards, only cambered and generally stiff. Now there is much more selection and narrower men's boards and even custom builds. For me, I don't care about graphics...I want functional performance....so with your small boot size and light weight...a women's board that is slighter stiffer....higher end might be a good option.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
Resident poet

Idk where you live but just cruising cl...imo this would be a perfect old cambered cheapie. The other thing...at one level it doesn't matter what you ride...just get out there and ride alot...then once you get some time then you will develope some style preference and have an idea of what direction you want to go. Though the home hill terrain and conditions has a huge influence in your riding development.

Gnu women's snowboard size 151
Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
I wish the new ones had less graphics on them! Lol I got a gnu 2 years ago and love it except for the graphics.
I had a roxy ollie pop from 2008 that i loved it bc it was pretty plain but i just out grew it....i ride a 2012 flow jewel now for park and some pow (nothing above my ankles)...im from philly so deep pow is something we just dont have here hahah

I just really dnt dig the ultra girly graphics on a lot of boards!
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #54 (permalink)

Well I just bought a gnu carbon credit with flux p15 bindings size 150
tony477g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #55 (permalink)

Nice! Let us know how it goes!
jml22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #56 (permalink)

You don't think the 150 will be too big do you¿ They didn't have any 147's in Stock and on the board it said 147 was for people with shoe size 5-7 and weighed 80-150 while the 150 was for 90-160 and boot size 7-9 I think it was? My boots 7 and I weigh 125
Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #57 (permalink)

Nah itll be fine, if you can really notice 3 cm that would be pretty crazy
Erase it from your mind so you stop thinking about it. It wont matter.
Turning properly matters the most, get your body perpendicular to the slope and initiate your turns with your front foot. Arms out, you turn where your front arm points.
Don't be scared, the more you lean back and hesitate the worse it's going to be
jml22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #58 (permalink)

I mean I can still return it and have them order me a 147 but if it's not a big deal then ill just stick with it.