Getting One Magtek, need some advice... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for the super thorough post, and awesome setup! I seriously think I'm going to copy you Now I just need to find a good price for the Krypto - I can find the One for $290 all over the internet, but the best I can find the Krypto at is $370 (which is interesting, because the One retails for $30 more than the Krypto).

Does anybody have any tips for finding a deal? I might just have to sit tight for a bit.
pyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

dude at 250, One mag is a steal. i almost bought it when i see it but instead spent 400 on gnu rc and still a good deal.

down the road its a board, u will add another to ur quiver sooner than u think
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

I picked up a onemag (2012) off evo not too long ago... rumor has it there is a 25% off outlet coupon kicking around... maybe in my inbox? who knows
sadly it looks like they are out of the magtek now..

absolutely in love with the board... words can not describe how happy it makes me feel. In fact, i whisper sweet nothings to it before i go to bed each night, and tease it with pictures of whistler constantly until it froths at the mouth and twitches in anticipation...

but seriously, its an amazing board. have it set up with rossi experience bindings, and its a pretty solid setup.
neachdainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #14 (permalink)

The One and the Krypto are basically the same board - same camrock, same magnetraction, same tech - the only difference I've been able to find is that the One has twin flex, whereas the Krypto has directional flex (hence the freeride label). So if I end up getting the One I'm sure I'll be thrilled with it. I won't be able to ride for a few weeks anyway, so I'll have the luxury of being able to monitor the prices for a little while.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neachdainn View Post
I picked up a onemag (2012) off evo not too long ago... rumor has it there is a 25% off outlet coupon kicking around... maybe in my inbox? who knows
sadly it looks like they are out of the magtek now..

absolutely in love with the board... words can not describe how happy it makes me feel. In fact, i whisper sweet nothings to it before i go to bed each night, and tease it with pictures of whistler constantly until it froths at the mouth and twitches in anticipation...

but seriously, its an amazing board. have it set up with rossi experience bindings, and its a pretty solid setup.
Nice! What kind of riding do you like to do? Also, what boots do you use?

Oh, and it's probably for the best if you don't post a pic of your setup, just because judging by your anecdote, it might get a little NSFW.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

@Pyite: OneMagtek and Krypto are NOT the same board at all. Demoed 2012 One Magtek, super sick board, perfect flex (medium stiff, but still playful), just one of the best board I've tried. Krypto, stiffest board I've ever tried, holds an edge like no other, is not playful at all, your steep and deep, ride fast, bomb groomers type of board.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

Just goes to show that you can wade through an immense amount of info on the internet and still know basically nothing, lol. Are there any particular bindings or boots that you like with the One?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Not really it's all preference. I wear 2012 Driver X boots and 2012 Cartel Re:flex now. I didn't remember what I demoed the onemag with.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyite View Post
Just goes to show that you can wade through an immense amount of info on the internet and still know basically nothing, lol. Are there any particular bindings or boots that you like with the One?
Get on YouTube, look up rossignol krypto... There's a couple videos of Rossi reps explaining the board vs the one n experience. One from this year and one from last year, infact.

Also look up the board insider reviews of the one. They don't have one of the krypto but they do of the experience. They are the same board expept the experience has a ridiculously stiff torsion box construction that's wrapped in fiberglass or something. Basically if the experience is a 10 in stiffness the krypto is like a7 or 8.

Take your search to YouTube. Lots of info there.

Hate typing on the iPhone....
laxinchili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Since I'm only 5'5" 150lbs, I demoed a 59 krypto and a 56 onemag. The krypto I probably gave it a 9/10 stiffness, while the onemag a 6-7. Another great rossi board I tried is the 2013 Templar (gave it prolly a 5-6/10 stiffness).