Base for a pow board. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Just puttin it out there bro, look outside the stock board shop websites, there are some sick boards in sizes that will suit you but you probably need to buy, ride and learn that the 160 just aint enough board for you before you will take the "risk" of buying a board over 16x. I spent years riding boards that were too small for the exact same reason.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Wrong.

10 characters (actually just 1 simple character - blunted_nose)
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

don't worry, you'll have way more float than you need with a 160. I bet the 156 would work for you too, if you wanted. I had both the 160 and 156 at my house last month and I felt if I was buying one I'd get the 56 for sure. The nose is so damn long! I can't remember exactly, but look on the Jones site, it says the surface area of the 56 is the same as a 172 or something.
I'd say the 56 floats as much as a 160 fish, yet it also rides like a regular board. It sounds like the perfect split. I might try one later in the season. My buddy, who rode 162 t6's and 64 custom x's got the 56, but he finds it too big and has ordered the 52.

Then again, you'll be totally fine with the camel toe's base.

You're overthinking this. Just go with the one that stokes you out the most. Both will kill it in the pow.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

Buy the Camel Toe, otherwise you'll be posring threads about how you hate the Hovercraft just like you did with your Billy Goat purchase. You want a Bataleon board, just do it. I don't think I can bear to read any threads about how much you regret another board purchase. I think you should set your stance back a notch on the Goat and bring it out on pow days and just buy a new softer freestyle board to play with on the hill, that seems to be what you really want.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Buy the Camel Toe, otherwise you'll be posring threads about how you hate the Hovercraft just like you did with your Billy Goat purchase. You want a Bataleon board, just do it. I don't think I can bear to read any threads about how much you regret another board purchase. I think you should set your stance back a notch on the Goat and bring it out on pow days and just buy a new softer freestyle board to play with on the hill, that seems to be what you really want.
True, but now I love it! The billy would be more then enough for pow even with reference stance but I can't resist a board with a swallow tail. Meh, how do you find your hovercraft?
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

I haven't had a chance to take it out on a powder day so I can't comment yet on it. On a side note.... I'm pretty sure I just walked past you a few minutes ago while you were on your way to school.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to take it out on a powder day so I can't comment yet on it. On a side note.... I'm pretty sure I just walked past you a few minutes ago while you were on your way to school.
Summerset station? Or City hall? School was shit btw. Down for snowboarding following monday or this weekend?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Sommerset... Crossing the street by the Tim Hortons. I'm taking my daughter this weekend, so you might see me on Strawberry.. I know it's your favorite
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sommerset... Crossing the street by the Tim Hortons. I'm taking my daughter this weekend, so you might see me on Strawberry.. I know it's your favorite
Aw shit. i guess you did. Why didnt u say hey? Anyways, strawberry was good because nobody went there, and everything else was shitty. Go on monday? And once i get my camel toe, were going to castle. I dont even care.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ok let's clear this up real quick. In general sintered > extruded. But there are many types of sintered base materials and same with extruded. For instance the base on my Nitro TG and some older Gnu/Libs were not sintered, but I swear they felt just as fast as any other sintered boards I've owned. For me, I can't deal with a slow base. I'm constantly traversing, riding heavy NW pow, and also finding myself on flat cat tracks getting back to lifts or flat ares in the slackcountry trying to get back out. A slow base would be a killer in my world. If you live on the East Coast or SoCal or just ride groomers, then yeah who cares.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote