I said I was going to build a board, here it is. - Page 12 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #111 (permalink)
TLN

There's trees - Looks like very avalanche-safe to me. (May be I dont know something)
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #112 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I gotta ask. Is shit like this accessible or is it some serious side/dangerous/avalanche type territory?
That is perfectly safe. Its lift to lift
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #113 (permalink)
koi
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

a little late to the thread, and just like everyone else love, jealousy, admiration, and awesome all come to mind. boards look amazing, such a clean look. if you ever do start selling i think you need to give all the forum members here the first chance of buying.

also where did you start your research when you first started all of this?
koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #114 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Cheers koi. Skibuilders.com is where you can find all the info you need to build boards.
It began for me because I couldnt buy what I wanted in a board, I had sucess with my first builds and now im just playing around with different ideas and experimenting. Its great fun

Last edited by ETM; 07-25-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #115 (permalink)

I was the lucky forum member that ETM sent one of his customs too!

I was staying down in Myoko on Honshu and ETM had taken his boards upto various parts in and around Hokkaido. He had mentioned he would send a board down to me in Myoko.

The Black Cabs delivered the board with 4 days left on my trip. I actually didnt think it was going to make it.
Upon opening the wrapping, I was blown away by the craftsmanship with the build. The wood smelt of forest and the board just had an energy about it. It was sleek, burley where needed but stunning to look at. Pretty much like a Victorias Secret supermodel, except with a bigger sidecut!

Board Stats: 180cm. Yes, 180cm's!!, Swallow tail, very mild camber, an uber fast sintered base and beautiful wood inlay. Smells like forest and Christmas cake.

My Stats: 5'11, 202lbs. Ride Japan once a year, otherwise stuck in Perth Australia breeding kangaroos in the backyard.

I put a pair of Flux SF45's on it and glided down to the chair. First thing I noticed was the way this board moved; smoothly, confidently but lightening quick.

First run I found a large patch of 40cm fresh which is pretty common to find on Japan slopes. The nose just popped up and stayed up. The back leg didnt even need to work. It was like being on the back of the starship enterprise.
In regard to turns, only slight body weight pertubation was needed and the response was magic; very quick and to the point. The board felt absolutely incredible and any myths of lack of response, heavy and dull were ditched. Any back leg burn was non existent.

Given the size of the board I thought I'd try my luck at flat basing it and high speed. No issue. This board laughed past other riders while it made reservations for the grand suite in the Hyatt Regency in Manhatten. The nose just held it solidly and the rest of the board seemed to thrive on going faster. I couldn't achieve speed wobble status as much as I tried. Would I could achieve were enormous rooster tails and a shedload of pow in the face on slight turning.

Not once did I feel a board of this size take over the reigns. In all honesty, I felt happier on this thing than an Arbor Roundhouse 162 which was my go to deck. Actually it was probably a changing moment for me with riding.

I continued to ride this board for the remaining days through various resorts and off-piste areas in the Myoko Kogen precinct. I learned this board had incredible pop at all speeds and had no problems ollieing over small Japanese kids when needed.

The board is stiff. Not Rossi Experience stiff but you wouldn't try and butter or get your freestyle on in the parks.

Probably the most important factor with this board is that it not only excelled in pow but was a beast on the groomer. This thing just held an edge in hardpack, groomed and slush runs. Pretty much a rarity with board design these days. Of course pow was its domain.

The only downside was that I came across a mogul area and realised that a board of this shape and size probably wasn't the idea choice to ride this kind of terrain. To say the least, I got thrown and thrown hard. Still came up laughing my ass off though.

My overall impression of this board was phenomenal and I'm priveledged that ETM trusted me to ride it and send it back across Australia to his home.
This board has changed my take on riding. Just as long as your smiling on the hill, thats all that matters. But if you happen to ride one of ETM's boards, your going to smile a whole lot longer

Be sure to watch ETM's next customs coming. Sure to turn heads in a big way!

I like big boards and I cannot lie...
JVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #116 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

The cheque is in the mail Justin!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #117 (permalink)
koi
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVee View Post
I was the lucky forum member that ETM sent one of his customs too!
I feel like one of those kids who didn't get a golden ticket in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #118 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

I just bought this bad boy. With this I can build my own cores, profile them to shape and also build my own veneer top sheets. Look out!

Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #119 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I just bought this bad boy. With this I can build my own cores, profile them to shape and also build my own veneer top sheets. Look out!

I'm thinking I'm going to have to order a custom build!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #120 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
Me too! (ordering a custom build)... Just make me a virus FLP AFT shaped board with a cool veneer topsheet and I'd be all over that. Shit I'm already paying Virus $1000+ for a custom board. How much would you charge?!?
poutanen is online now   Reply With Quote