Camber Humps - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Camber Humps

Ok

so I am selling my burton custom 158 because I have found it is too big for my liking. I want something a little more agile and maneuverable. I am looking at a burton custom restricted 2012. However I dunno what to think about the camber humps. From what I hear people are not so sure about them or find it stiff. Thoughts?
Nube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube View Post
Ok

so I am selling my burton custom 158 because I have found it is too big for my liking. I want something a little more agile and maneuverable. I am looking at a burton custom restricted 2012. However I dunno what to think about the camber humps. From what I hear people are not so sure about them or find it stiff. Thoughts?
If you are searching for something agile and maneuverable you're going to want a stiffer board. The custom restricted 2012 is not noticeably different than the Custom. If you're looking for a stiffer, more agile board than go for the custom X. As for the camber humps, they are designed to apply the functionality of camber boards without compromising the fun of softer, more forgiving boards. I, however, found that they don't make much of a difference. The difference is there, but not very noticeable. It is, however, a good concept. I believe Burton felt unsure of this concept. That's just a guess, based on the reason Burton announced the concept and when it's coming out and then changed the release date. I think that's what happened. Anyways, I recommend checking other boards out from different companies if you want a complete change from the Custom. I recommend any of the hard-charging boards such as: Nitro Blacklight, Libtech horsepower, Ride Machete GT or my beloved 2013 Custom X.
Reminiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I was thinking maybe a burton super hero. More flex and supposedly super easy turn initiation which i was thinking would give more manoeuvrability?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
I was thinking maybe a burton super hero. More flex and supposedly super easy turn initiation which i was thinking would give more manoeuvrability?
From what I perceive, you're not a park rider. You enjoy carving at high speeds I'm guessing? And occasionally through some trees and/or moguls? Then you'll need something stable and stiff. The super hero is a good board, without a doubt, but if you're the rider I'm guessing you are, then it's not the best choice. It is, however, a good choice.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Right you are. However 98 percent of my riding is done at small ski hills not in the mountains so the groomers here have gotten boring (pretty short run) so i am taking to the park to add some excitement. However would the super hero still perform ok on groomers or is it pretty much just park?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Right you are. However 98 percent of my riding is done at small ski hills not in the mountains so the groomers here have gotten boring (pretty short run) so i am taking to the park to add some excitement. However would the super hero still perform ok on groomers or is it pretty much just park?
I was really hoping I was right. I even bet one of my friends on it. I owe you 5$ . Anyways, the super hero will meet, and maybe even exceed your needs. You don't need the boards I suggested. There are, however, many better alternatives to the super hero. For example, the rome mod rocker. This board is an absolute beast. Turns are a breeze and the stability is fantastic. It also performs very well in the park. The best aspect of this board is the pop and playfulness. I loaned this board from a friend and had a very good time on it. It seems as though you are inclined to Burton though. If so, the Super Hero is a very good choice as well.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ok sounds good. I was just a bit worried as to how well the super hero would hold up on the occasional times i do go to the mountains and hit the large jumps and groomers.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

ok thanks guys you have been a great help. ONE last question though....will I still get up to good speed with the super hero? or are these shorter flexier boards slower?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Maybe a Nug? I think it's a good board for small resort/park.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

I was also lookin at a Burton Mr nice guy Restricted 2013. However cant find any reviews on it. Thoughts? Seems to be what I am looking for......freestyle oriented but still some juice in it to be stable at high speeds and good for groomers. Any of you guys us it?