I need some supporters! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You still haven't explained where you're getting your numbers from. 70%, 20%? If they are only considering your offer, I doubt they threw out those numbers. Did you propose those numbers to them? What have they told you that makes you believe they're considering your offer? You don't have to be extremely detailed (well, you should be if you're asking for our help), but you already have a slim chance of getting any help on this - being vague doesn't help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
I understand and appreciate your help. I want to try out one of their boards and see if there is anything special about them other than their designs. I'm sure you guys prefer quality over design. At least that's what I prefer. Anyways, after I'm done with the reviews, I can get a reference code that'll save you guys up to 20% if you want to try them out for yourself. I can also get them shipped all as one package, like a group buy, if you want. I will be gaining relevance throughout the forum in the next few weeks. Thank you everyone!
Quote:
Adding to this, I know many other companies share the same idea, but I've tried most of them and they haven't been very good. Prior makes really good custom boards, but the price is quite steep. These guys sell for only 500-800 dollars per board, plus the 10-20% discount I can give you.
Quote:
You guys are hilarious. The name is quite ridiculous, but I'm going to see if they can keep that name due to the quality and performance of their boards. I have lots of faith because of what they claim. If they can live up to their silly name, then the name doesn't matter. I am not in need of a board, that's why I need a discount. That and I'm running short of spending money . I need your support to prove to them that you'll be interested in my reviews and not disregard them. I am not getting a huge discount, at most 70%. If enough of you support my idea, you'll be able to get a discount as well. At most 20-25% which is quite a lot for snowboards, especially custom made ones. I will also arrange some sort of shipping method to keep the price as low as possible. They have contacted me and they're considering my offer. Your support will help a great deal. Thanks And I'll be gaining relevance by helping people out on this forum. I'll be posting 3-4 times a day on different threads. It'll be hard, but it's worth it if the deal comes through. Thanks everyone!
Quote:
Lots of good questions. I need you guys to just approve of my idea. To state that you're with me and you'll anticipate my reviews. I will be able to give discounts with a reference code you can use. I've covered the other questions in my previous post. I know this is hard to ask for supporters due to the fact I have less than 10 posts.
Quote:
I appreciate your feedback and agree 100% with you. I am new and you're right I need to gain my right to talk around here. Secondly, by helping you, you mean helping out on the forum? And yea shipping is 50 euros, but I'm able to ship a group of orders at once to evenly distribute the 50 euros and fees amongst the group. I do need credibility and I have noticed he is one of the extreme few on this forum. I also understand you're pretty respected here too. How many posts and how long does it take to become well known and respected? Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.
Why does this all read like a bad car salesmen pitch? Your level of vagueness does nothing to help you, false promises of "contributing" mean fuck all when no one has any clue who you are, and these numbers you come up with seem to come out of no where. It almost reads as if you're trying to convince people to believe in you so
1. you get a discount
2. you get people to go in on a group buy and run off with the money.

Right now everyone would be far better off ignoring you completely. Let me tell you something about product reviews, if you're going to do it
1. Bring credibility to the table
2. Bring an established name to the table
3. Don't go about looking for a discount
4. Have a specific niche you are filling
5. Don't be a fucking kook.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
why don't you try getting free gear from a local company rather than some imported goods from a foreign country? there are plenty of USA startups going on.. do your research.

this is my review of your post:
I think your request of this company and this site in general is ridiculous and lame..
You mean reDQlous right?. Jokes aside, the reason I'm proposing this idea to this specific company is because of its enigmatic state of being (if that makes sense). I am very fond of these unknown companies for one specific reason. It gives me a chance to make them popular and well-known. I can be the one saying "I'm the one who introduced this to people". It's also a great business experience for me. And by the way, I'm not getting this for free, I'm getting discount. And the figures were proposed by me to the company and they accepted them. Now they're thinking things through, which I think is a lie and they're actually just going to ignore me and my "lame" request. Let's just cross our fingers and hope this goes through as planned.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Why does this all read like a bad car salesmen pitch? Your level of vagueness does nothing to help you, false promises of "contributing" mean fuck all when no one has any clue who you are, and these numbers you come up with seem to come out of no where. It almost reads as if you're trying to convince people to believe in you so
1. you get a discount
2. you get people to go in on a group buy and run off with the money.

Right now everyone would be far better off ignoring you completely. Let me tell you something about product reviews, if you're going to do it
1. Bring credibility to the table
2. Bring an established name to the table
3. Don't go about looking for a discount
4. Have a specific niche you are filling
5. Don't be a fucking kook.
I am a student, and as many of you already know, money is hard to come by at the stage I'm in. All I can afford is around 30% of the original price of the board, hence the 70% discount. I see logic in the 1st, 3rd and 4th, but I think you're perceiving my message in an incorrect fashion by number 3.
I DO NOT need a board, nor do I want one. The reason I'm doing this is explained in my previous post. Please read all my posts before commenting everyone! Your question may have already been answered. Not in this particular case, where my post came after yours, but in general. Number 5 wasn't necessary, but I'll let it pass . I think I can contribute to this forum enough to gain everyone's respect, but I simultaneously think the whole "respect" idea is kind of funny. Aren't forums for everyone? Not just the respected few who rule the site because of their time spent on the forum downsizing others? The tone I'm getting from your advice is very negative and it isn't very easy to take advice from someone talking this way, regardless of their status. Let's not come to any awful conclusions about what is going to happen in the future, instead lets observe what happens and not anticipate it. I feel as though I'm on that show the Shark Tank. With you guys all sitting in your plush chairs, shrewdly analyzing my idea. How are my promises "fake"? I've helped some people already in just a day. Don't go into shrewd and untrue conclusions about me! I think you're way over your head in this respect nonsense. Don't take this offensively though.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

I didn't realize you could snowboard in Nigeria
Old 12-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I didn't realize you could snowboard in Nigeria
Is that where it says I am? If this is it, you're hilarious
Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I am a student, and as many of you already know, money is hard to come by at the stage I'm in. All I can afford is around 30% of the original price of the board, hence the 70% discount. I see logic in the 1st, 3rd and 4th, but I think you're perceiving my message in an incorrect fashion by number 3. How are my promises "fake"? I've helped some people already in just a day. Don't go into shrewd and untrue conclusions about me! I think you're way over your head in this respect nonsense. Don't take this offensively though.
Dude you do sound like a kook, first off don't say "i don't want a new board" everyone here would take a new board if they could so that right there screams lie. Secondly if you seriously want people to commit to group buying then post a video of yourself with your license as proof and your address so when you run off with their money they can come beat your ass.

Thirdly, if you wanna rep this brand so bad become an importer for them, shit you may even make some money but don't come onto a forum and pedal some lame ass shit story about being a robin hood type fella by trying to "help everyone out".

Ohh and who have you helped? and i also doubt you're gaining too much respect here....
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Dude you do sound like a kook, first off don't say "i don't want a new board" everyone here would take a new board if they could so that right there screams lie. Secondly if you seriously want people to commit to group buying then post a video of yourself with your license as proof and your address so when you run off with their money they can come beat your ass.

Thirdly, if you wanna rep this brand so bad become an importer for them, shit you may even make some money but don't come onto a forum and pedal some lame ass shit story about being a robin hood type fella by trying to "help everyone out".

Ohh and who have you helped? and i also doubt you're gaining too much respect here....
I hate you
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I am a student, and as many of you already know, money is hard to come by at the stage I'm in. All I can afford is around 30% of the original price of the board, hence the 70% discount. I see logic in the 1st, 3rd and 4th, but I think you're perceiving my message in an incorrect fashion by number 3.
I DO NOT need a board, nor do I want one. The reason I'm doing this is explained in my previous post. Please read all my posts before commenting everyone! Your question may have already been answered. Not in this particular case, where my post came after yours, but in general. Number 5 wasn't necessary, but I'll let it pass . I think I can contribute to this forum enough to gain everyone's respect, but I simultaneously think the whole "respect" idea is kind of funny. Aren't forums for everyone? Not just the respected few who rule the site because of their time spent on the forum downsizing others? The tone I'm getting from your advice is very negative and it isn't very easy to take advice from someone talking this way, regardless of their status. Let's not come to any awful conclusions about what is going to happen in the future, instead lets observe what happens and not anticipate it. I feel as though I'm on that show the Shark Tank. With you guys all sitting in your plush chairs, shrewdly analyzing my idea. How are my promises "fake"? I've helped some people already in just a day. Don't go into shrewd and untrue conclusions about me! I think you're way over your head in this respect nonsense. Don't take this offensively though.
In regards to your forum question. Yeah the forum is for everyone, that has nothing to do with our questions. You're asking us for a favor, we're asking you who you are. Why not start off writing a review of what you currently ride so we can know if you can even write reviews. Where are you from? If you're from the Northeast, lets meet up and ride so I'll know if you even know how to use a snowboard. Do you see where I'm going with this? You should have worked on establishing yourself long before considering a thread like this.

You're asking us to support you so we can get discounts that can't be confirmed, for boards that none of us know anything about, based on reviews from someone we've never heard of. Do you not see the issue? If people want to blindly support you, that's fine, but the wiser will stay away or at the very least, ask you a litany of questions.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I was looking around for unique snowboarding company that makes custom boards when I stumbled onto this website: DAZZLE SNOWBOARDS. They are based in Italy I believe, and they claim to have very unique and high performance boards. So I sent the owner an email asking if they could send me a board for a discounted price so I can thoroughly review them and recommend them to you guys if it's worth it. I can also get you guys some discounts on their boards if you'd like with a reference code. I, however, need some people to support me in this. I just need an approval if this is a good idea, or "constructive criticism" of my idea, if you'd like to call it that. The reason I want to review their boards is because I haven't found a single review anywhere on their boards. I searched for hours to no avail. The reason I need supporters is to exemplify to the owner the opportunity that lies ahead of him. Anyone with me on this?
Reminiscent get the f out of here. You've joined this forum this month, all your posts have been in this one thread. And you want us to support you. If the owner wants to give a board to someone to review, we might as well have it sent to BA or snowwolf, people have actually been helpful in passing on knowledge and quality reviews to the rest of us.
Closed Thread