My new Smokin Super Park wide CTX (clash rocker) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My new Smokin Super Park wide CTX (clash rocker)

Leaving thursday night to go up and go riding for the weekend....I am so pumped.....

Its a 159 Smokin Super Park wide CTX, clash rocker........will report back with a review.

golfer1659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congratz!

Dude...Do me a favor, and try to post a pic that gives us an idea of that clash rocker profile.

I ordered the same board in a 152 size, and it arrived today...Only as far as I can tell it's the tradional camber version instead of the CTX that I ordered

Still, to be 100% that the CTX version is how I imagine it is, I'd REALLY appreciate a pic that clears things up. I hope it's not too much to ask, I'm sure other's might be interested in seeing smokin's take on the hybrid rocker profile too...

Thanks a lot.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

No problem here are 2 photos.....Its an M shape unlike your upside down U which is just the classic ride.....

smokin 1 by golfer1659, on Flickr

smokin 2 by golfer1659, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Congratz!

Dude...Do me a favor, and try to post a pic that gives us an idea of that clash rocker profile.

I ordered the same board in a 152 size, and it arrived today...Only as far as I can tell it's the tradional camber version instead of the CTX that I ordered

Still, to be 100% that the CTX version is how I imagine it is, I'd REALLY appreciate a pic that clears things up. I hope it's not too much to ask, I'm sure other's might be interested in seeing smokin's take on the hybrid rocker profile too...

Thanks a lot.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks a lot.

My board's boxed again and ready to be shipped back. I noticed on the store's website where I bought it, they just knocked 10% off of their 'lowest possible deal' that they made me two weeks ago

Fat chance of getting that deal, IF they even have a CTX superpark in stock. It's looks like they're more of a surf shop selling snowboards on the side
I just hope they won't rip me off and pay me back the shipping costs.

Sorry for hijacking yer thread with my depressing rant, thanks again for the pics. Have fun with yer new stick, be sure to report back about your experiences
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

I got 20 pct off of this board at dogfunk.com, up until december 31st.......check it out.

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

My board's boxed again and ready to be shipped back. I noticed on the store's website where I bought it, they just knocked 10% off of their 'lowest possible deal' that they made me two weeks ago

Fat chance of getting that deal, IF they even have a CTX superpark in stock. It's looks like they're more of a surf shop selling snowboards on the side
I just hope they won't rip me off and pay me back the shipping costs.

Sorry for hijacking yer thread with my depressing rant, thanks again for the pics. Have fun with yer new stick, be sure to report back about your experiences
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the tip, but I'm in Europe:s

The 'killer deal' I'm talking about is probably still 20% more than the normal retail price in the US:s

There's plenty of good european snowboard makers, but it's about time someone finally jumps the magnetraction/hybrid wagon...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, but I'm in Europe:s

The 'killer deal' I'm talking about is probably still 20% more than the normal retail price in the US:s

There's plenty of good european snowboard makers, but it's about time someone finally jumps the magnetraction/hybrid wagon...

Rossignol are both European and aboard the "magnetraction/hybrid wagon".

How did you get on with that superpark o.p? I'm waiting with baited breath for a review as I'm thinking of picking up the same board/size as yourself.peace.
dyno1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

I had the chance to ride a fellow instructors he just picked up. Board kills it, you can rip so hard. That camber makes it nice a buttery.
Gnardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

The board is just an all around beast. Great in the woods, groomed trails and park. The board has a ton of feel on the rails and boxes due to the rocker in the center.

Easier to flat foot it, easier to hit jumps with in my opinion. The ease to initiate a turn is retarted lol. I am used to riding my entire 20 years on a non rocker or hybrid technology. Now I went with a smaller board this year a 159 instead of a 161 and I think I lost some stablity due to it. but it is a great board, and matches any other companies out there in my opinion (coming from riding burton my entire life).

Its super light especially with the new genesis bindings I have on it. easier to butter but not as easy as a full rocker/flimsy park only board.