Does my snowboard needs a fix already? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Do not do this. This will make it worse.

It's hard to say without seeing it in person. A banged in edge can kill a board. It can crack the sidewall or cause base/topsheet delams.

Go to a reputable shop and get it looked at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Utter garbage. Ptex does not seal properly, you need something like epoxy.
Sorry guys, its a snowboard, not a mercedes benz. Scraping off the bubble is fine and will help reduce abnormal wear though it will show at the end of the board's life. The other dent is not large enough for epoxy, is not large enough to worry about and therefore ptex will be fine on it for now. It will in no imaginable way make things worse.

This is a very, very minor ding and not worth getting this worked up about. Small ding, easy fix, keep riding.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
Sorry guys, its a snowboard, not a mercedes benz. Scraping off the bubble is fine and will help reduce abnormal wear though it will show at the end of the board's life. The other dent is not large enough for epoxy, is not large enough to worry about and therefore ptex will be fine on it for now. It will in no imaginable way make things worse.

This is a very, very minor ding and not worth getting this worked up about. Small ding, easy fix, keep riding.
No man. However deep that bubble is pushed from, you could easily expose a core shot by cutting that bubble down.

DO NOT DO THIS

I beat the fuck out of my precious Never Summers, that doesn't mean I'm gonna follow bad advice and hurt them worse on purpose.

*Awnow not flaming u with the big words and shit, trying to help this guy
Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

This just makes no sense. The dent is not large enough for epoxy, but you suggest using Ptex on it!? What good would that do???
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
No man. However deep that bubble is pushed from, you could easily expose a core shot by cutting that bubble down.

DO NOT DO THIS

I beat the fuck out of my precious Never Summers, that doesn't mean I'm gonna follow bad advice and hurt them worse on purpose.

*Awnow not flaming u with the big words and shit, trying to help this guy
It runs zero risk of exposing your core and it is something that is done more than you might realize. The only risk is once the board is past it's prime and is running out of base material. At which point, our ole friend ptex can help out again.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
This just makes no sense. The dent is not large enough for epoxy, but you suggest using Ptex on it!? What good would that do???
Can fill in any small cracks where water might start a delam. Better safe than sorry.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Can fill in any small cracks where water might start a delam. Better safe than sorry.
Why on earth would you want to use Ptex for that instead of epoxy? Ptex does not seal (and is not meant to), does not go into small cracks, does not adhere well, and is much more difficult to work with than epoxy. It adds nothing in this situation.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Why on earth would you want to use Ptex for that instead of epoxy? Ptex does not seal (and is not meant to), does not go into small cracks, does not adhere well, and is much more difficult to work with than epoxy. It adds nothing in this situation.
From the looks of it, I don't see it as that bad of damage. Not enough to clamp w epoxy. Ptex does absolutely go into clear cracks and isn't at all difficult to work with. Dries faster, too. Only thing you would have to worry about is it cracking and falling out. It does seal when it bonds with the base, which you are correct, would not be the case with this situation.

He could also use super glue or duct tape on such a minor little ding if he could figure out how to get it to stay on.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the responses. It is much appreciated!! I uploaded another photo, just to look at it from a different point of view. What would happen if I didn't do anything about it? I don't have the materials myself to fix it. Or should I get it fixed?

Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

dude.. ouch.. your season is OVER!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

I guess that was sarcastic? I rather want to be save, but if you guys tell me I shouldn't be such a pansy than that comforts me enough to go snowboarding this weekend! Else I cancel my plans and go to the repair shop.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote