Does my snowboard needs a fix already? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

Test it out and see what happens. While you're doing that though try not to think about that ding because just thinking about it will effect the way you ride. Soo ride it like its perfect on a green or blue, if its sketchy then there is your answer.

Me personally it would be annoying for me to know its there regardless of whether or not it effects my fun. Lol I would get it fixed
luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
From the looks of it, I don't see it as that bad of damage. Not enough to clamp w epoxy. Ptex does absolutely go into clear cracks and isn't at all difficult to work with. Dries faster, too. Only thing you would have to worry about is it cracking and falling out. It does seal when it bonds with the base, which you are correct, would not be the case with this situation.

He could also use super glue or duct tape on such a minor little ding if he could figure out how to get it to stay on.
Now your just trying to be a troll.
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
duh

Quote:
From the looks of it, I don't see it as that bad of damage. Not enough to clamp w epoxy. Ptex does absolutely go into clear cracks and isn't at all difficult to work with. Dries faster, too. Only thing you would have to worry about is it cracking and falling out. It does seal when it bonds with the base, which you are correct, would not be the case with this situation.

He could also use super glue or duct tape on such a minor little ding if he could figure out how to get it to stay on.
You're an idiot.

To the OP, take that board into a reputable shop and get that damage fixed. Don't listen to the idiots who are telling you to ignore that damage. A ding like that compromises the integrity of the bond between the steel, sidewall and topsheet. It's a fairly easy and cheap fix.

I've known plenty of people who have ignored such damage and never had any adverse side effects. But I know way more people who ignored such damage and ended up with a board that delaminated into utter crap. The bottom line is that if you ignore that ding no-one is going to have any sympathy for you when your board gets cancer.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

Good point duh!
luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
You're an idiot.

To the OP, take that board into a reputable shop and get that damage fixed. Don't listen to the idiots who are telling you to ignore that damage. A ding like that compromises the integrity of the bond between the steel, sidewall and topsheet. It's a fairly easy and cheap fix.

I've known plenty of people who have ignored such damage and never had any adverse side effects. But I know way more people who ignored such damage and ended up with a board that delaminated into utter crap. The bottom line is that if you ignore that ding no-one is going to have any sympathy for you when your board gets cancer.
Thanks all your your reply. @Duh, you are totally right! I will go to the repair shop this weekend and have it fixed. Better to cancel my plans this weekend, but still able to use this board after the season. I just used it for 3 times so far, and must repay itself at least 2 seasons.

If the thread is still open, I will let you guys know what the repair guy told me this weekend.

Cheers
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
You're an idiot.

Not even close to an idiot. You clearly didn't read any of what I had to say, because you reiterate my point. This is an easy and cheap fix. If you think that is going to compromise a board in a way that is critical you need to ride a bit harder or stop buying shitty snowboards. This thread is fucking retarded with how people are overthinking a very simple issue. It is a snowboard, they get fucked up, do a quick fix and get back out there.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
duh

Quote:
Not even close to an idiot. You clearly didn't read any of what I had to say, because you reiterate my point. This is an easy and cheap fix. If you think that is going to compromise a board in a way that is critical you need to ride a bit harder or stop buying shitty snowboards. This thread is fucking retarded with how people are overthinking a very simple issue. It is a snowboard, they get fucked up, do a quick fix and get back out there.
Yep, still an idiot. I read everything you wrote, and still disagree with your advice. If you don't think that the damage shown will compromise the board you have no business giving advice on board repair. Bottom line- stop giving stupid advice and you won't be called an idiot.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yep, still an idiot. I read everything you wrote, and still disagree with your advice. If you don't think that the damage shown will compromise the board you have no business giving advice on board repair. Bottom line- stop giving stupid advice and you won't be called an idiot.
Once again you demonstrate typical desk jockey retardation by lacking the ability to comprehend English while thinking you are proving a point after putting words in my mouth. I'll have to upload some photos of some actual damage that will compromise a board to help you understand. I know it's hard when you spend all your time out in the Midwest looking at your board, but for those that ride regularly, that is no sweat. Stop over thinking it, it's a snowboard not a Mercedes Benz.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Once again you demonstrate typical desk jockey retardation by lacking the ability to comprehend English while thinking you are proving a point after putting words in my mouth. I'll have to upload some photos of some actual damage that will compromise a board to help you understand. I know it's hard when you spend all your time out in the Midwest looking at your board, but for those that ride regularly, that is no sweat. Stop over thinking it, it's a snowboard not a Mercedes Benz.
i agree that it doesnt look too bad but in no way would i say you want to cut any of the base out to make it smooth, nor would i use ptex to fill a gap in the side wall. always use epoxy.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

Yeah, epoxy or even urethane, but I would use epoxy, this way it could be sanded to run even with the current edge.

Edit: though I would only do this if your local reputable shop could not fix it, just to make it last as long as possible, and you could see if it would get warrantied, sometimes companies may do this just for the customer satisfaction.

Last edited by Efilnikufesin; 12-16-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote