Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Rome lovers (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52215-rome-lovers.html)

bisteinee 12-12-2012 05:18 PM

Rome lovers

Hello to all Rome lovers.
Quick question.

This is my 2nd season on the mountains and I got my first board, the Rome Crail.
Now, I have the chance to switch to a different modell: Reverb, Agent or the Mod.
Since I felt the Crail to be a little bit too flexibel, I am considering getting myself the Reverb.
(The upgrade price I have to pay is also in this order: Reverb - Agent - Mod)

Does this choice seem to be optimal?
(Pistes: 90% / Powder: 10%)

By the way - Top Warranty Point for Rome
Cheers!

Bayoh 12-13-2012 12:48 AM

I dunno if there's too many people who will have had hands on experience with every one of those boards, but I believe the Crail was last year's budget-oriented rocker/camber board right? Meant to be flexier so as not to be too unwieldy for entry-level riders.

I'd personally be happy with the Reverb, but if you want the extra tech and have the money, grab the Agent. The Mod is a different camber profile, so it's up to you if you want something that handles differently.

Efilnikufesin 12-13-2012 12:52 AM

Personally, unless you want to slide out at speed I would go agent or mod(if not rocker,) more park, the reverb.

LTshredTN 12-13-2012 01:11 AM

upgrade all the way up for the mod rocker unless u wna hit the park more...

bisteinee 12-13-2012 03:40 AM

Well… I am still "learning" different techniques mostly on the blue pistes…
The Mod is out anyway - too expensive for me
Then it was between the Agent and the Reverb.
What speaks for the Reverb: Price
The Crail really was flexibel. So if the reverb is stiffer, well…
Unless someone comes and shouts: Get the Agent you damn fool!!!

Bayoh 12-13-2012 03:51 AM

Also try giving Rome a call/email. I imagine their CS should be able to connect you to someone who can give you a better idea between the differences in flex between your current board and the ones you're looking at.

...but I just noticed you didn't give your weight and the length of the board you ride. Getting a Reverb you're too big for can make it too flexy for your liking.

bisteinee 12-13-2012 04:01 AM

My hight: 168 cm
My weight: 80 kg

I am ordering my board 153 - 154 cm.

I did contact the Rome's customer survice.
The deck on the nose "broke" after 3 days.
And they instantly made me the offer to replace it – very nice!
I ask then for another board, since it felt to flexibel.
They instantly offered me the other boards for a little extra – very nice!
Big props to Rome here!

Reverb or Agent!?!?!?
Cheers!

hktrdr 12-13-2012 05:19 AM

Agent Rocker! Very good and really under-appreciated all-mountain deck. You want the 157 length.

bisteinee 12-13-2012 05:25 AM

Oh. It is definetley going to be a Camber shaped board.
And I had the Crail in 153. It suited for me…

hktrdr 12-13-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisteinee (Post 551611)
Oh. It is definetley going to be a Camber shaped board.
And I had the Crail in 153. It suited for me…

As you probably know, the Agent Rocker is a hybrid profile (camber-rocker-camber, similar to Lib-Tech's EC2). In my opinion it is superior to the pure camber Agent in absolutely every respect.
Unless you are just messing around in the park, I would recommend the 157 for the Agent Rocker and the 156 for the camber Agent - I don't think you would have had the flappy nose issue with a longer Crail. That said, board length can be a very personal choice...