Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Flow womens boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52218-flow-womens-boards.html)

bpow 12-12-2012 06:01 PM

Flow womens boards

Hi.
Im looking to get my girlfriend and i new boards soon and have decided i will get the flow drifter. I then began looking at the flow womens range. They sound like quality boards but not sure which would be best for my lady friend. She is an intermediate who likes to carve up the groomers and hit the pow. Her last board was a bit stiff and pure camber, so she wants something that is softer more playful for jumping (small) but will still let her carve and not hold her back on the pow days.
She is only 115lbs was thinking the velvet or venus but also found a myriad 144 on sale.
Any comments welcome. Thanks

Sudden_Death 12-12-2012 08:07 PM

Send Wiredsport a message on here. He knows the Flow line really well and can probably give you the best advice on the women's boards.

Nivek 12-12-2012 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Velvet at the least but look for a Jewel. Some carbon in the tips stiffening them up makes for better edge hold. Its basically the womens Era which I could make my only board for everything.

bpow 12-13-2012 06:58 AM

Thanks guys.
How would the jewel and myriad compare. My first thought was the myriad might be a bit to stiff?

Wiredsport 12-13-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpow (Post 551627)
Thanks guys.
How would the jewel and myriad compare. My first thought was the myriad might be a bit to stiff?

My wife is 115, foot size 8 and really digs the Myriad 148. The board is not stiff in an old school sense. The Basalt inserts siiffen the deck where foot pressure can create grip and drive but leaves the tip and tail soft and user friendly.

What sizes is her foot?

STOKED!

Alex B 12-13-2012 12:43 PM

My girlfriend has the Flow Elation, (think it's the '10-'11 model), and loves it, dunno which current model it compares to though, has 'pop cam' I think. She's intermediate and all mountain rider.

Alex B

bpow 12-13-2012 05:23 PM

Hey.
The myriad does sound like its got some good tech and a sintered base which is nice. She has a size 8 womens boot. I did also see a elation for sale on ebay but noticed it was stiffer than the jewel or myriad so was unsure. Her last board was a 152 so definately going shorter but dont wont her to give up to much stability or float in the pow. thinkind 144 to 148 range?
Thanks for your help.

Wiredsport 12-13-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpow (Post 551870)
Hey.
The myriad does sound like its got some good tech and a sintered base which is nice. She has a size 8 womens boot. I did also see a elation for sale on ebay but noticed it was stiffer than the jewel or myriad so was unsure. Her last board was a 152 so definately going shorter but dont wont her to give up to much stability or float in the pow. thinkind 144 to 148 range?
Thanks for your help.

115 and size 8 is a great match for the 148 in this deck. The relatively short contact length (due to a longer freeride nose and tail) mean that you would ride this deck on the longer size of your range.

bpow 12-14-2012 06:43 PM

Thanks wiredsport.
Went ahead and ordered her the 148 myriad. Im sure it will much easier to ride than her current stiff 152 nitro.
Cheers

Wiredsport 12-14-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpow (Post 552347)
Thanks wiredsport.
Went ahead and ordered her the 148 myriad. Im sure it will much easier to ride than her current stiff 152 nitro.
Cheers

Please let me know how she likes it. It is an awesome deck.