Maitinance help. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Maitinance help.

Woop, another tread, by Nose. Better run away... :P

Anyways, i have some question about maintaining my board. I wax it before every use and love waxing it, kind of reaching for inner zen.

But im starting to notice gashes that wax wont fill up, and since its a sintered base, i wont go fill it up with p-Tex. Also my edges are getting wrecked.

How do people fix sintered bases? What happens with a core shot? Stone grind? Edge tune up? When do you run out of base to fix and run out of edge?

Can they add another new base to the board, and how much does all this cost?
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey blunted_nose I know what you mean, very calming productive past time.
Any way a buddy of mine had a sintered base a while back and took it to the shop when it got some large holes in it.
He said that unless he wanted to spend big bucks it would be cheaper to get a new board because of the cost of grinding it all the way down and then building it back up again.
Having said that I have know guys to p-tex their sintered boards with not too much hassle, not pretty mind, and the tendency to drop off mid ride is always a possibility.

Same for your edges, I think definitely possibly to fix them but its always hard to get the same level of quality from a repair job.
Looks like you may have to get your self an early Christmas present

Hope this helps,
snowboardrory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardrory View Post
Hey blunted_nose I know what you mean, very calming productive past time.
Any way a buddy of mine had a sintered base a while back and took it to the shop when it got some large holes in it.
He said that unless he wanted to spend big bucks it would be cheaper to get a new board because of the cost of grinding it all the way down and then building it back up again.
Having said that I have know guys to p-tex their sintered boards with not too much hassle, not pretty mind, and the tendency to drop off mid ride is always a possibility.

Same for your edges, I think definitely possibly to fix them but its always hard to get the same level of quality from a repair job.
Looks like you may have to get your self an early Christmas present

Hope this helps,
Bought the board 3 months ago and rode it 4 times... Not too bad yet, but incase i want to actually get it fixed....
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ah, fair enough. Just ride it hard, that's all it wants I remember I got my hands on a limited edition Krona board a few years back and the first time I took it out I snapped it strait in two, which was to say the least not cool!
snowboardrory is offline   Reply With Quote