Considering a Bataleon Goliath - TBT has me nervous - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Pin_Rich View Post
Seems to be similar to the 26 vs 29er debate going on in cycling, certainly sparks strong opinion anyway.
27.5 or go home.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jza View Post
That is a personal opinion but a completely false one at that... TBT actually allows you to NOT have to have the board at as high of an angle to engage your full edge. The boards flex us also what helps you engage the full edge.

Fuck the haters. TBT is The Best Technology that has been used in boards since a metal edge. If you are scared to try it, try it. Go in with an open mind and dont chuck it after one run. It will feel weird at first, but you will adapt to it just like you would with any new board.

If you are comfortable with your riding TBT should never cause any troubles for you. I've ridden mine in all kinds of conditions and the only time I've felt "squirrel-e" on it is when I am on a flat and going slow because with any board no matter if it V rocker, flying v, fat kick, flat dick, semi circle whatever tech some companies are coming out with these days they go with the fall line.

Don't let other peoples words dictate what board you buy, because no two riders are the same. Your best bet is to hit up a Bataleon demo day in your area and try out as many different boards and the different flavors of TBT to see which one best suits your riding style.

Just my two cents.... let the flame war start.
Quoted for truth.

I have a Bataleon Whatever, because of Nivek's impressions of it, and it delivers. The board is fun and as fuck and does everything he says it does.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd love to try a Bataleon to try out TBT. It's an interesting concept for sure. Never had a chance to hop on one though.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
...That spoon tail is fucken sketchy as you boost into the air but obviously some people can own that shit and make it work for them.
"spoon tail" implies a continuous/round transition, which TBT doesn't have. TBT is three flat surfaces, so you're still launching off a flat surface with an edge.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote