Is Arbor Blacklist a nice addition to my quiver? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is Arbor Blacklist a nice addition to my quiver?

I have read quite some reviews of the Arbor Blacklist and so many of you speak highly of it. I know it is a really awesome park board that you can take it out of the park terrain and chop the shit out of the rest of the mountain, regardless of the snow condition, from groom to uneven snows to pow(maybe not that good in pow).

So here's a little about myself:
6' 180lbs ish(80kg +_ 2kg) foot size 10 to 10.5 (depends which boot)

My current boards are:
1. Capita Sierrascope 156 (50+ days)
2. Never Summer Heritage 09/10 (mammoth head) 161.5 (10+ days)
3. GNU Rider's Choice 12/13 154.4 (5+ days)
4. Neversummer SL 158 11/12 (10+days)

and my bindings are:
1. Burton c60 09/10
2. K2 formula 09/10
3. Ride Delta MVMT 09/10
4. Rome 390 Boss 11/12
5. Union Asadachi 11/12
6. Cartel Regional Love Colorado
7. Now IPO

Boots:
1.k2 t1db 10.5 (10 days)
2. DC Status Boa 11/12 size 10

I know I may sound crazy as I have way too much bindings but to be fair I love them all.

My riding level is intermediate to advanced (according to whistler charts) and I self learned in my first year. Although I have never hit the park and I have big difficulties in above-knee pows, I don't mind at all start learning them, rails, kickers, boxes, backcountry etc. However I easily see myself plateau out in beginner park and amateur backcountry level.

What I like about my current quiver:

Heritage + C60: this is my only "powder day" gear and its unforgiving nature really demands a lot from me. However the dampness of this setup is really something I enjoyed. When I combine with Ride Delta, I can feel the chatter at high speed or very uneven ground.

Capita Sierrascope + Ride MVMT: used to be my all time favorite, I remember when I first got them on the mountain, the purple scheme matched really good and drag attentions. It was also my first black diamond day and at the end of the day I can deal with double blacks no problem at all. No fancy techs but it just works. Now I let my friend borrow it and teaching him how to sb, he learned this from scratch in 2 days.

GNU Rider's Choice + Union Asadachi: my recent purchase, I just think they are made for each other. the steroid "TRS" with jack of all trade Union just created such a good synergy on hard groomers. POP is amazing, like really amazing. small jumps while shredding down the mountain gives me much more confidence. However on uneven ground and when going fast, this thing chatters like hell...

NS SL: just bought from a fellow here and haven't ride it yet...

So coming back to my question, would the Arbor Blacklist contribute something I don't have in my quiver, being a mid-wide board? If so, which size should i get, 154 or 157? I am leaning towards 154 for a more freestyle oriented board. Pop/Ollie/Butter will be important to me too, since my Heritage is long/fast/damp enough to handle the freerides.

Thanks in advance though

Weipim
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

bah, too late guys, just snatched a brand new one for 300
Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Won't regret it, I own a SL, billygoat, cobra and a blacklist I ride the blacklist the most as I use the mtn as my park more. I just got some holograms this year long with the now ipo's and could not be happier. My old bindings were the deltas also. I can float a little in pow with it but for the heavy days I have a board for that. On a side note I am the same size as you only difference is I use the k2 UFO boots, for me the stiffer boot is what I like.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

damnnn, I am also a mirror of you in another part of the world.

I was kinda worried about owning too many nice boards but look at you !

well, I like stiff boots too and I believe the t1 DB were replaced by the ufo last year.

anyway, can you tell me a little more about the blacklist?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Here is my review, I also have a video of me on you tube riding it if you look up keystone and blacklist, it was of my firtst or second warm up run of the day.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...ist-154-a.html
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by readimag View Post
Here is my review, I also have a video of me on you tube riding it if you look up keystone and blacklist, it was of my firtst or second warm up run of the day.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...ist-154-a.html
dayum, that white n blue outfit suits you really good hahaha

ty for the review, I remember reading it just before I bought the blacklist....

i really like what you said, turning the mtn into ur own park
Old 12-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yea no worries, yeah those pants are bright as shit I also have a lime green coat I look like a f'ing skittle but I am easy to find. Let me know if you need anything else, oh and the delta binders work perfect with the board but then again so do the now ipo's.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by readimag View Post
Yea no worries, yeah those pants are bright as shit I also have a lime green coat I look like a f'ing skittle but I am easy to find. Let me know if you need anything else, oh and the delta binders work perfect with the board but then again so do the now ipo's.
yeah I am kinda suprised of the delta, although being stiff compare to my other bindings except c60, I just have lots control on them... it's just the purple color is hard to match a board

i havent received my now ipo so stoke though