Damaged top sheet on board still in factory wrapper? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Damaged top sheet on board still in factory wrapper?

Hi guys,

I have been stoked all week knowing my brand new 11/12 ride highlife ul would be showing up today. It was just delivered by ups and before I signed for it I made sure the box had no damage which it didn't. The box was flawless so I opened it up thinking the board would be pristine and it is except for one spot on the right edge where the top sheet covers the slime walls. The spot is to the right of the bottom set of binding mounts. The top sheet is missing in this spot and fibers can be seen as well as a clear view of the urethane side wall. The edge of the top sheet further down is rough and not laying down smoothly either. The board still has the wrapper and label on it and does not appear to ever have been opened. It looks like a defect not like it was damaged. I bought it from surftheearthsnowboards.com I am so bummed now. Was looking forward to riding next week for the first time this season. Because this appears to be a defect and not damage should I contact ride or the company I bought the board from?
JENKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd contact the seller first..they'll likely be a lot quicker in getting you a replacement. If that doesn't work go to the manufacturer
MotoBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

10 minutes in a lift line it's going to look worse. Sack the fuck up and go ride it.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Its a brand new board that I paid good money for. I don't just have shit given to me ass clown. The last thing I am going to do is take it out and get water in the core and be sol.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't be such a moron it's a minor cosmetic chip on a topsheet that hasn't done shit to the core. Fucking think before you post asswipe.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Listen up fuck stick. If I wanted to hear from an asshole I'd fart. All I asked for is opinions on which way to handle this. Don't need some internet tough guy talkin shit. Have a great day!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Rooster King

well, are you functionally retarded? you smoke JENKUM?

you have only three options: ride it, return it, or warranty it. if you don't want to ride it send it back to the place you bought it from. warranty claims are for equipment that is used, this is a simple return.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ya I'm retarded?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Rooster King

you might be. you don't know how to perform simple transactions for goods and services and you're named after a drug made from human poo
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENKS View Post
Listen up fuck stick. If I wanted to hear from an asshole I'd fart. All I asked for is opinions on which way to handle this. Don't need some internet tough guy talkin shit. Have a great day!
Pretty sure you hear from an asshole often since it seems you have your head shoved up your ass. OH NOEZ I have a small chip on my board that's probably less than 2mm's. It's a manufacturing defect my board will explodeds if I dun ridez it. Sack up bitch 10 minutes in a lift line some douche will clip it you'll freak out for 10 seconds then realize it's a snowboard.