2012 K2 Fastplant - what do you think ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2012 K2 Fastplant - what do you think ?

I ride in the PNW, and am riding the 2012 fastplant. I usually ride all around the mountain, do a little bit of park, powder when we have it and some natural features. I currently have the K2 nationals(2012) bindings on my board. I have an opportunity to sell my setup. I have seen people hate the Fastplant and Nationals; Some people love them. So I really don't know is the fastplant a good board for me ? Do you think I should get a different board/bindings? I wrote this because last year my feet were always in pain. I have heard people say that the nationals have been to tight around their ankles. Now i'm getting new insoles first and hopefully that fixes it and it's not the bindings because I love my bindings especially the harsh mellow.

Last edited by Chris; 12-15-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

There is zero wrong with what you have. If you like riding it and it works then no reason to get rid of it just because it isn't the right board "some people" who aren't you.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
There is zero wrong with what you have. If you like riding it and it works then no reason to get rid of it just because it isn't the right board "some people" who aren't you.
I poorly wrote that. Well I made this post because last season with this setup my feet killed me. So I'm in the process of getting insoles for my boot and hopefully that fixes it. I've heard that people have had issues with the binding being to tight around their ankle, and hoping that's not my problem.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ahh ok, that does sound more like a boot issue. I am using the K2 Uprise witch I think have if not the same a very similar ankle strap. I find it pretty cushy but that is a personal preference thing. Look into the boot first and if that doesn't clear it up see if you can try a buddy's board with different bindings to see if it might be pressure from the strap.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Agree, board barely has anything to do with feet pain

boots first ,and then maybe canted bindings
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote