2012-13 Snowboard Setup - Stoked! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2012-13 Snowboard Setup - Stoked!

Hi All,

I am fairly new here, and new to snowboarding, although 32. Bought a promo board off Ebay in 2009 (supposedly Santa Cruz) to start things off. Awful board, really heavy, really really slow, even after a wax and tuning I had done professionally.

This year I am equipped with the following:

2012 K2 Brigade - Brand New. If you are looking to get a steal on a board, go to Dicks Sporting Goods the week after Black Friday, every year they put major reductions on last years boards, then put them an additional 25% off in the store. Nabbed it up for $122 including tax. Catch Free Rocker, we'll see how it goes!

Grabbed some LTD LT-35 Bindings from Pro Boardshop on Amazon. I was really impressed at the quality and construction for how bad a wrap these companies get (Wife has Lamar MX-35s). FYI LAMAR and LTD use the exact same manufacturer and just slap their own spin on it. Steal at $50.97 including shipping from Amazon. Plus a $25 gift card, woot woot. Thanks Pro Boardshop (FYI - The-House, Pro Boardshop and DJ's Boardshop are all located in the same building and suite number....pretty interesting, that or the other two just drop ship for The House because thats what the shipping tag said it was from and I looked up contact addresses for all three - 200 S Owasso Blvd. E St.Paul , MN 55117 - ding!).

I have Salomon Symbio Boots (I got them new off ebay for $16 including shipping, and the tag on the boots when I opened them said $99).

I got a like-new RED helmet off ebay as well.

I picked up an Emerson Waterproof helmet cam (gopro knockoff), but for $34.95 on Black Friday special, I had to try it out. Thanks Menards!

I nabbed up a pretty nice Burton snowboard bag on clearance at a local snowboard shop for $29.95.

Finally, last year, I went to Dicks Sporting Goods to grab some googles. I just went for a 24.95 Smith pair (white with orange lens) because I wasn't going to be doing much since I am a beginner. I grabbed one off the shelf, paid for it, got home to check them out, and low and behold I opened up the Smith box to find $50 DX goggle in there, sweet!

I am just missing one thing, SNOW!!!!! LET IT SNOW PLEASE!!!

RonJohn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That camera looks so big and heavy. Going to snap your neck if you fall
Sick stuff btw, for beginner, i had to start of with brand-less gear.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
That camera looks so big and heavy. Going to snap your neck if you fall
Sick stuff btw, for beginner, i had to start of with brand-less gear.
lol, its exactly the same size as the gopro, its just not a low profile mounting bracket. Pretty small, but only 720p instead of 1020p like the go pro. I won't be doing anything crazy so shouldn't be a huge issue, but made I should consider the side mount?

Thanks, I'm pretty excited bout the gear. Trying to learn on crappy gear can frustrate someone to the point of quitting. I just scored such great deals due to hours of research, happy I get the opportunity to improve at a faster rate than renting. Plus with board and bindings costing me $150, they pay for themselves during the fourth rental May the pow be with you \m/ \m/
Old 12-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJohn1980 View Post
lol, its exactly the same size as the gopro, its just not a low profile mounting bracket. Pretty small, but only 720p instead of 1020p like the go pro. I won't be doing anything crazy so shouldn't be a huge issue, but made I should consider the side mount?

Thanks, I'm pretty excited bout the gear. Trying to learn on crappy gear can frustrate someone to the point of quitting. I just scored such great deals due to hours of research, happy I get the opportunity to improve at a faster rate than renting. Plus with board and bindings costing me $150, they pay for themselves during the fourth rental May the pow be with you \m/ \m/
dayum dude, nice setup.

I remember when I was a beginner and got caught by the sniagrab shits and bought useless gears for a lot more than what you paid.

Just a quick advice though, if you really want to improve and soon enough you will change your gear, start with the boots first!

enjoy:d
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

pretty good setup for a beginner... I had a LTD board and 5150 Bindings and some rental boots to start off. Heavy and uncomfortable and changing every time. Having your own gear helps a lot when starting out to learn quicker and more consistent. Have a great season!
xDOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the comments fellas! I have never yearned for snow so bad in my life, looks like Chicago might get some on Thursday.

I have a huge practice hill literally across the street (sanctioned for snowboarding and sledding), not to mention a mini resort about 20 mins away (ragingbuffalo.com). Most of the places near me are closed because its been too warm for the fake snow to remain. Fingers crossed!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Haha i really like the bargain hunting, i do the same.

2008/2009 Burton King 167 Board (2nd hand) for 50 eu (list price 350 eu)
2012/2013 Union contact Pro Binders (new) for 145 eu (list price 230 eu)
2011/2012 Northwave Freedom SL Boots (new) for 90 eu (list price 170 eu)
Saved 62% off retail price
cozmo is offline   Reply With Quote