Need some board (Jones) advice... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some board (Jones) advice...

I have riden a Palmer board for about 8 years. I like it, but its time for something new, its trashed. I get stuck riding on groomed runs now and then (because it's easy and the only thing with lights on it when I have time to ride after work). What I really like to do is get out of bounds and play in the powder. I don't get any huge air usually (my knee is junk) but don't mind some cliffs now and then. I want to do more in the back country this year since I just got a sled. I think I want to go with a Jones board, just not sure which to go with the Mountain Twin or Flagship. What do y'all think?
two-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

The mountain twin is the freestyle board, so if you want something a bit softer it's probably a good choice. The flagship is their all-mountain ripper and is probably the better pick if you aren't hung up on having a twin board for switch riding/tricks. Really, if you have the chance you should just ride both and see which one you like the best.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

I ride a Flagship, I love it. I have found it to be very easy to ride in almost all conditions.......its not the stiff scary beast some make it out to be. Keep in mind, its not a twin(duh) and its not meant to be a trick stick, what it is, is a really good do "most" anything deck. Pow=Good Groomers=Good Ice=Good......chunder and crud, eats it up....bit rough though. Park=Not so good.

The new Mtn Twin is soft, I wanted to add one really bad, ended up with a Signal Omni instead, same'ish camber profile and it is a set back twin, I love it! Just a bit stiffer than the Jones and I would think a bit more damp.

Hope that helps, like the other guy said....ride em both if you can.
cc898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Will be outfitting(risers, pucks, pins) my new(new as in 2010-11) Solutions splitboard starting this payday, can't wait to ride it inbounds to see how it "feels" with my Sparks compared to my 2009 TurboDream 157 wide resort board.