What are the best and worst snowboard brands? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What are the best and worst snowboard brands?

In terms of reputation?
Good Reputation, Overall Product Quality:
Bad reputation, Cheap Quality:

And/or which brand is your personal favorite/least favorite?

Last edited by mcar93; 12-17-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: rephrased for clarification.
mcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Everybody has their own opinion. There isn't a single brand that you can call good or worse, every brand has some high-end and some low-end snowboards. Useless discussion with other words, it all comes down to personal preference
corneilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneilli View Post
Everybody has their own opinion. There isn't a single brand that you can call good or worse, every brand has some high-end and some low-end snowboards. Useless discussion with other words, it all comes down to personal preference
So certain brands don't make better over-all quality? A Never Summer is no better than a 5150? O:
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcar93 View Post
So certain brands don't make better over-all quality? A Never Summer is no better than a 5150? O:
Didn't say that, but you can't judge brands on over-all quality when you are buying a board You need to be open-minded to every brand when you're buying a board. It is true that some companies like for example your Never Summer example make over-all better boards, but maybe 5150 has a board that completely fits your needs and is one of their better boards, then you should pick that one. You get me?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneilli View Post
Didn't say that, but you can't judge brands on over-all quality when you are buying a board You need to be open-minded to every brand when you're buying a board. It is true that some companies like for example your Never Summer example make over-all better boards, but maybe 5150 has a board that completely fits your needs and is one of their better boards, then you should pick that one. You get me?
Ah yeah, I get what you're saying now. I was mainly looking for what brands have a good reputation, etc. I'll try to rephrase the question.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcar93 View Post
Ah yeah, I get what you're saying now. I was mainly looking for what brands have a good reputation, etc. I'll try to rephrase the question.
That will do the job
Old 12-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

as with anything most brands have high end gear and low end gear. low end gear is low end gear and is usually pretty crappy. you get what you pay for and alot of the time the brand name doesnt offer a huge difference in quality (some exceptions)

i tend to like different brands for different items:
for bindings ill never buy anything other then rides again. ive tried alot of different bindings and rides were the only ones that had the right feel (comfortable/stiff with great response). plus there made with high grade aluminum and are almost indestructible.

for boots im going to try salomon this year (ive herd alot of good things about there boots and they are super comfortable for my foot)

i had a burton board that lasted me a few seasons that i really liked, however i switched to a salomon powder snake this year as i got a great deal on it and i dont really like to ride much other then powder.

for outerwear im pretty flexible, i usually go with something that has a good fabric and good water proofing/breathability.

your best bet is to find gear that suits your needs then look up reviews online to fine tune your selection. any good snowboard store will be able to help you choose quality gear.
mikeinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The best one is whichever is under my feet at the moment.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The best brand for more than a few people on online forums would be whoever is giving them free gear this season or who they work for lol.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Like everyone said pretty much personal pref. I am partial to Burton boards, Burton boots and Union Bindings (Lifetime warranty on baseplate and heel cup. Plus union is a binding only company so it directs all its energies and resources towards just bindings resulting in some of the best bindings to ever see snow imho)
Joe Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote