int / adv freeride woman looking for board advice. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc898 View Post
Jones boards are no longer made by Nidecker.
Really, do you know who, if anyone is making them now? I would be interested to find out.
rg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

if you can make it to whis theres a girl on craigslist that's been trying to sell her 156 Brandywine for a few months now. should be near mint condition and you should be able to grab it for $250 or less.

*Prior Brandywine Snowboard. Barely used

edit: here's a 150 Brandywine with bindings for $400

http://whistler.en.craigslist.ca/spo/3399941390.html

there are a bunch of these boards for sale in whis....

Last edited by mikeinaus; 12-21-2012 at 02:21 AM.
mikeinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

I would also take a look at Venture Snowboards, they are base out of Silverton, CO. They manufacture freeride specific boards and unisex designs.
abqmike37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)

GST is making the Jones now. Quality is better as is the construction. I compared my last years deck to the new one, and it is noticably better, mostly just little things, but it is better. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that if you sight down the camber line on mine, it is dead flat, the new one you can actually see the camber.

I like the top sheet on mine better, but I have hear the new one is more durable.

The Mothership is just plain sweet. So are the Priors!!
cc898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #15 (permalink)

I have this board for sale...

Omatic Snowboards
onel0wcubn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For everyone who suggest the Lotus... have any of you RIDDEN IT?!??!

I'm just curious because I have demoed it in all sorts of conditions. Ice, pow, groomers park etc.... It's a great deck, I loved it and I almost bought it. But it gets suggested in every single womens thread on this forum, with no regard if it's appropriate for the rider in question.

In this thread the op said she didn't want rocker and yet it was the first board suggested. Seriously, you fan boys should just shut the hell up already. and if you're going to insist on being fan boys the least you could do is sack up and strap on a woman board for the day so you can at least know what you're talking about.

thank you.

Last edited by mixie; 12-21-2012 at 11:32 AM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post

I'm just curious because I have demoed it in all sorts of conditions. Ice, pow, groomers park etc.... It's a great deck, I loved it and I almost bought it. But it gets suggested in every single womens thread on this forum, with no regard if it's appropriate for the rider in question.

In this thread the op said she didn't want rocker and yet it was the first board suggested. Seriously, you fan boys should just shut the hell up already. and if you're going to insist on being fan boys the least you could do is sack up and strap on a woman board for the day so you can at least know what you're talking about.

thank you.
I know that Mixie loves me cause I rock hot pink pants and ride womens....

OP since ur in BC?, maybe check out bpro (more aggressive mag and rocker) or even a small billygoat (less mag and less rocker than the bpro...just right imho...both are c2btx). Or a couple great old school cambered decks are an Option kendra starr (twin directional fs) or Option trinity the same as a vinson but women's sized (directional fr) or an old cambered gnu b-nice...perhaps can find one in somebody's closet. I've ridden all of these and own all but the bpro and they are all darn nice boards...I'm now somewhat leaning towards the c2btx cause its a bit more versital in handling a range of conditions...i.e., deeper poo compared to a cambered...thus riding a billygoat...that absolutely rips for baker....it is relatively narrow, stiff but more torsional flex...so its darn lively, responsive and aggressive.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 12-21-2012 at 11:59 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
I know that Mixie loves me cause I rock hot pink pants and ride womens....
No I don't. Because you make me want to give the b pro another chance and I really can't afford more gear....
Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
No I don't. Because you make me want to give the b pro another chance and I really can't afford more gear....
scratch the bpro you should try a small billy
Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

thank you.
Well said. The NS fandom is a bit tiring.

I have nothing to add to the OT that hasn't already been mentioned. Good luck in your search, OP.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote