Shipping charges blow a**! - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #51 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can turn it around as soon as it arrives and you get me a prepaid shipping label. They pick up right in my lobby and it already comes in a shipping box.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
I can turn it around as soon as it arrives and you get me a prepaid shipping label. They pick up right in my lobby and it already comes in a shipping box.
See, i dont know if i can trust you with a 600 dollar package. I dont know... Know anybody on this forum?
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #53 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
See, i dont know if i can trust you with a 600 dollar package. I dont know... Know anybody on this forum?
That's rich. Here, for your avatar:

Old 12-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #54 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Not too rich if that is all i made in a month plus my Christmas gift working as a mechanic. Sorry that i dont have to pay for bills or rent yet....
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #55 (permalink)

Just buy the board local... Forget the bindings for now, just swap out your existing ones on powder days...there...deal done, quit talking about it.

I just want to get on to your next thread a couple weeks from now about how much you hate the Camel Toe and don't like TBT and should have bought something else..blah..blah... Anyone want to buy my BG and CT?...blah..blah..etc..etc... Repeat forever.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #56 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thats 130 bucks. WTf, this isnt fed-fucking-ex. USPS is the shit without any charges once you pay for shipping, or am i wrong.
You're confusing shipping charges with import tax (duty), this is collected by the shipper but they pay it on to the CDN government.

Items that are not made in the US will be charged duty (basically import tax) on entering canada from US. This is because the same items would be charged duty if they were shipped directly from their original country of origin.

I've shipped a lot of items into canada and I prefer USPS when it comes to this issue. For some reason you have the best chance of not paying duty when you go through USPS, as opposed to couriers where they pretty much always ding you. If you do get charged you can expect 15-20%, so on your $650 that will be 90 to 130 bucks.

luck of the draw
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
One last retarded question. Would anyone in the greater usa be nice enough to receive my box. then i would pay you for shipping and you would send as a gift.
The gift thing doesn't work all the time - I have had stuff shipped to me labelled gift and gotten dinged for duty - to get that reversed you have to show up and prove it's a gift.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #58 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
The gift thing doesn't work all the time - I have had stuff shipped to me labelled gift and gotten dinged for duty - to get that reversed you have to show up and prove it's a gift.
I had a plan. I send the money trough paypall as gift. Then they send me the board as a gift. But they didnt want to so.... Buying locally.

Torpedo, i haven't snowboarded with you yet but you know me more then my sister.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

This thread is retarded. are you complaining about shipping charges or tax and duties?

the max you'll pay shipping through USPS to Alberta is 5% gst plus 7% duty for sports equiptment, so 12%.

If you are looking to avoid paying tax and duty then that's another topic.

UPS charges you the same tax+duty plus brokering fee, which translate to we'll pay for your tax at the border but we'll charge you $50 for the trouble. To avoid that fee you can create a UPS account and inform them of your shipment before it crosses the border so that they can charge your account.
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote