Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Bataleon board wrecked (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52389-bataleon-board-wrecked.html)

Bamfboardman 12-17-2012 08:57 PM

Bataleon board wrecked

So I took my Balateon Jam to a board shop to get the edges stone ground and some gashed filled in the base. In case any of you don't know Balateon board have whats called TBT which make the board if you looked straight down the nose it looks kinda like this \_/ just way mellower obviously that's just a rough outline. basically the edges are curved up. When I came to get the board I found a brand new core shot and deep grooves carved into the board from the tuning shops machine. I didn't make a big deal out of it because at the time I didn't realize how bad the damage was. Now looking at it the grooves in the TBT are quiet deep and since its right where the edge begins to bend it would be hard to fix. I don't believe bataleons warranty covers this and I did not buy the board from this shop. I'm wondering if I should demand for the board shop to pay for the board or if I should collect my losses and try and fix it myself.

ARSENALFAN 12-17-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamfboardman (Post 553817)
So I took my Balateon Jam to a board shop to get the edges stone ground and some gashed filled in the base. In case any of you don't know Balateon board have whats called TBT which make the board if you looked straight down the nose it looks kinda like this \_/ just way mellower obviously that's just a rough outline. basically the edges are curved up. When I came to get the board I found a brand new core shot and deep grooves carved into the board from the tuning shops machine. I didn't make a big deal out of it because at the time I didn't realize how bad the damage was. Now looking at it the grooves in the TBT are quiet deep and since its right where the edge begins to bend it would be hard to fix. I don't believe bataleons warranty covers this and I did not buy the board from this shop. I'm wondering if I should demand for the board shop to pay for the board or if I should collect my losses and try and fix it myself.

I would take it to the shop and calmly have a discussion with the manager. There is something to be said about face to face communication. I hope you fare well.

blunted_nose 12-17-2012 09:45 PM

There's a video on Bataleon's site that they stress you to show to the guy handling your board, it needs a special stone grind because its not flat. :p

Shit hit the fan.

ARSENALFAN 12-17-2012 09:55 PM

Sounds like triple base tech is a pain in the ass! I bet you there are lots of ruined bases due to improper grinding technique! :unsure:

blunted_nose 12-17-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN (Post 553849)
Sounds like triple base tech is a pain in the ass! I bet you there are lots of ruined bases due to improper grinding technique! :unsure:

Just have to understand that Bataleon boards arent flat. Quite simple if your brain is capable of processing that.

Bayoh 12-17-2012 10:16 PM

Definitely sounds like whoever it was that handled your board didn't take the TBT into consideration. Head back and talk with the manager to work something out.

If the base is really fucked then who knows, you might get a new board out of it haha.

Supra 12-17-2012 10:30 PM

it's quite simple, isn't it? they were supposed to tune up your board but they wrecked it. If it's significant damage I would demand a new board (but in a firm diplomatic way)

BurtonAvenger 12-17-2012 11:07 PM

TBT isn't that hard to tune they dun fuckered up time to complain.

snowklinger 12-18-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supra (Post 553866)
it's quite simple, isn't it? they were supposed to tune up your board but they wrecked it. If it's significant damage I would demand a new board (but in a firm diplomatic way)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 553877)
TBT isn't that hard to tune they dun fuckered up time to complain.

And TBT is not some newly arrived tech from outer space either. They can claim ignorance of the tech, but they cannot justify going from ignorance to serious damage. Do not accept them to attempt to repair it. You are already well versed in the knowledge and ability of their tune shop.

Anything short of you getting a new board = your gettin screwed.

A bit of advice: at the slightest bit of negativity from whoever you talk to initially about this, shelve the discussion until you can meet with their superior at a later time. This will allow you to cool down and regroup. You are absolutely the one who got fucked and deserves recompense, getting mad about it is only gonna fuck up the process for you. Stick to the facts you can be firm and polite. * I only give this advice cuz it would be hard for me to be cool but you just have to!!

Psi-Man 12-18-2012 07:21 AM

Not sure of the rules of your State, but small claims court may be an option.