Time for a new entire package - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
rva

Default Time for a new entire package

So, I already got a week of snowboarding in this year at Brighton Utah and it was awesome. My board I WAS riding was a Burton blunt 2011/12 155cm wide with burton custom bindings and size 12 jeremy jones boots.

Then, they got stolen. I left them with my brother out in Utah because I am headed out there in a week, and of course, they get stolen from his garage last night. All of it. Boots, bindings, board, helmet, goggles. Whole package. So now, the house that he is staying at offered to pay me how much my package was worth.

So I have 700 dollars to blow on a new board, boots, and bindings. I ride a little park, mostly all mountain carve all day guy but I like some flex to my board. I am pretty sure I am getting some burton boots because they have the foot shrinking stuff, but other than that, I am open to ideas.

I have been looking into the dc 155w pbj, but haven't heard much of it.
rva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jeb

Wow! That sucks. At least you're receiving some compensation - that's probably better than 99% of people who have their gear swiped.

I ride the Lib Attack Banana (159) and I love it. It carves groomers like a champ, but it's playful.

I also love my Burtons. I had the Hails and now I'm just going with some '12 motos that I got new for $105. They offer incredible bang for your buck. Some gearsnobs will avoid them just because they're affordable, I think. But, they're so damn comfortable and the zone speedlace system is simply killer. I love them much more than my Salomon F20s or my stiffer K2 Boa Trackers.

Good luck.
Jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

700 sounds like a good amount of money but for the items you are replacing isnt a ton.

I would suggest finding a new pair of boots that fit good and then seeing what you have leftover and then asking for suggestions again.

I would also strongly suggest looking at last years models of everything or seeing if you can find a good post xmas deal.

rabbitsnowboards.com geartrade.com have decent used (but good condition) items for cheap and lots of websites that various web members are affilitated with may have good deals also.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

If you're after the DC PBJ board, it shows up on WhiskeyMilitia.com quite often.
Hit up Whiskey Militia Deal Archives on GearScan.com to see what it has been listing at recently.
jdthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

With $700 I'd look at Evo.com. I bought everything + goggles and helmet for under $500, pretty much all old stock. I'd look at last years gear as well.
Zolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned!

Get boots first.

Then snag one of BA or Nivek's favorites, they seem to really love alot of affordable decks! I suggest Flow Rush or Drifter off the top of my head.

Then get the best bindings u can afford with what's left over. Good choices for all-mountain mid-high level bindings:

Burton Malavita or Cartel
Flux TT, RK or DS 30
K2 Company IPO

GL, shop local and smart!