2013 Nidecker Megalight - Just Arrived! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
Hi Jet,
Just wondering how you are liking your Mega and how is it holding up? I received my Ultralight and I broke it in at Mt High yesterday. The board kicks ass but I did get a couple chips in the top coat. Wanted to ask you if you have noticed anything. I can't expect a board as fast and as well made as ours to show no wear but I was a little surprised that after one day I would see minor damage.

Best
Mike
Hey,

Loving the new board, super fast and just loves the powder.

Sucks to hear what happened. Were the chips on the surface area (not the edges?) Any idea what caused them?

My top sheet is fine, but I do have a few chips along the tail and nose from backcountry rocks and a dumb teenager who was bombing down the hill on his snowboard during night skiing who clipped the back of my board. Otherwise, so far so good.

I have heard of older Nideckers having vulnerable topsheets, but nothing on the recent batches over the past couple of years.

Maybe the few here who actually have an Ultralight will chime in with their boards.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

What an idiot that hit you, that's why my heads on a swivel even in the lift lines. The chips are on the top sheet, they are just below my right binding. I have no idea how it happened, my guess is during a turn a rock hit it. I certainly didn't drop it, I've been carrying that board around like my first born son. I've read the UL's are fragile, I guess there is a trade off for being so light weight. I can live with that because the board is so bad ass.
Where did you ride powder? Did you change the bindings at all or make any adjustments?

Thanks for the reply,
Mike
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Jet

Riding in the East Kootenays in BC so Fernie and Kimberley. We've had some major dumps in the past 30 days!

I'm running my bindings in the centered setback stance. Played with a few angled but otherwise nothing out the ordinary.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Lucky you, do you live up there? I hear Feenie kicks ass. I hope the dumps continue. It's on my bucket list: Heliboarding BC with Eagle Pass. But damn its expensive, $2000 US per day.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote