2013 Nidecker Megalight - Just Arrived! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jet

Default 2013 Nidecker Megalight - Just Arrived!

I ordered the Megalight way back in April after riding my friend's last season. The way that it floated in powder and the speed it carried down groomed runs had me sold instantly.

It was supposed to arrive back in September, but was delayed until this week when it finally arrived. Here are some pics of the new deck.

Bindings are on and she's ready for her inaugural run!

Like the little touches like this, a peek of what's underneath.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Beauty. What bindings are you running ?

I wonder how many boards Nidecker sells because of word-of-mouth or referrals... I ended up with my ML after riding my friend's Ultralight
ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

i hope one day i can have a board this nice!!! maybe if i ever leave the east coast
lj79615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju87 View Post
Beauty. What bindings are you running ?

I wonder how many boards Nidecker sells because of word-of-mouth or referrals... I ended up with my ML after riding my friend's Ultralight
Hey,

I'm running 2012 Burton Cartels on my Megalight. So far it's providing a good balance of stiffness and flex for the powder and mountain riding I do the majority of the time.

And it's true what you say about word-of-mouth. I didn't know much about Nidecker and my friend discovered it only after a lot of research. He's the only one I've seen with this board previously.

And retailers are quite limited around here, and the place I got it from was all sold out before they arrived, Ultralights included.

So far I'm absolutely loving this board. It turns effortlessly and just floats in the powder. The nose has a nice flex to it, kinda like a fishing rod and that really helps it settle nicely off jumps and rollers. And straighlining inspires lots of confidence.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

You have excellent taste, that's one sick board, it's doubtful you will see another one. I'm still waiting for my Ultralight to arrive, I have a bad feeling it will never come especially considering none came to the US at all last year. If you don't mind me asking where you bought it? Congrats on the board and be careful in the lift lines so that no one runs into it. Also, thanks for the photos. It's the little details that make those boards so special.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
You have excellent taste, that's one sick board, it's doubtful you will see another one. I'm still waiting for my Ultralight to arrive, I have a bad feeling it will never come especially considering none came to the US at all last year. If you don't mind me asking where you bought it? Congrats on the board and be careful in the lift lines so that no one runs into it. Also, thanks for the photos. It's the little details that make those boards so special.
I got it from Basin Shopping in Vermont. A real great group of guys working there.

I actually got an update on the Ultralights when talking to them; was told they shipped last week from Switzerland as the US Nidecker rep was there to investigate the delay everyone has been experiencing. I know the Ultralights were sold for this season, so it will arrive. Just a matter of when!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks, I ordered from Basin too, they are all very cool. I've emailed Vin several times and the US Nidecker rep too, still no word yet that the UL's have reached the US yet. I will give it until January, if the UL's haven't arrived, I will be stoked to get a Megalight. Have a great winter and thanks for the info.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
Thanks, I ordered from Basin too, they are all very cool. I've emailed Vin several times and the US Nidecker rep too, still no word yet that the UL's have reached the US yet. I will give it until January, if the UL's haven't arrived, I will be stoked to get a Megalight. Have a great winter and thanks for the info.
FYI Vin no longer works there (left in summer), you wanna talk to Jonathan Celauro.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks a lot Jet. I had no idea Vin had left. I just emailed him and he didn't mention it. Jonathan is great too, I have emailed him several times. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hi Jet,
Just wondering how you are liking your Mega and how is it holding up? I received my Ultralight and I broke it in at Mt High yesterday. The board kicks ass but I did get a couple chips in the top coat. Wanted to ask you if you have noticed anything. I can't expect a board as fast and as well made as ours to show no wear but I was a little surprised that after one day I would see minor damage.

Best
Mike