LibTech T.Rice Pro HP - 157. Too big? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default LibTech T.Rice Pro HP - 157. Too big?

Stats: 5"10, 170lbs size 9.5 boot.

My board primarily to ride in the trees, deep POW, and bomb groomers.

Would the be 157 too big? Could I get away with a 153, or will it be a workout on my legs everyday I'm in POW?

I read that the T.Rice's ride bigger than they are.

Abt to pull the trigger on one, but hoping to get some assistance on what size. Any help would is appreciated!

thanks
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the 2011 157 T.Rice Horsepower and I ride it all over the place with ease. I am 5'8 about 180 and it is great. I suggest getting the bigger one as it floats through powder. I don't know exactly how much 10 lbs will do for performance wise. For trees I dont know how much I would suggest it as it is bigger, but for powder and groomer bombin...it's da shiz.
rfalls86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Since its mainly for pow i would go with the 157. The 157 will be faster and have more float but you would be able to throw the 153 around more easily in tight trees.
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfalls86 View Post
I have the 2011 157 T.Rice Horsepower and I ride it all over the place with ease. I am 5'8 about 180 and it is great. I suggest getting the bigger one as it floats through powder. I don't know exactly how much 10 lbs will do for performance wise. For trees I dont know how much I would suggest it as it is bigger, but for powder and groomer bombin...it's da shiz.
Yea that's my concern- riding it through the trees. It's pretty much a give and take - 153 and I can rip through trees, 157 and I can rip through powder. I ride both 50-50. Having said that, I wonder if the 153 can get me through powder?? thanks for the info!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seant46 View Post
Since its mainly for pow i would go with the 157. The 157 will be faster and have more float but you would be able to throw the 153 around more easily in tight trees.
I'd prob pick up another board for POW and Park, but would be nice to have it all. The stickler for me I guess is how hard is the 153 gonna be in POW w my weight and height?!?
Old 12-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well what's your main concern? I know that with my 157 T rice i float through powder with my 153 capita it takes little effort to look like a rock. I can still run tree runs as long as they arent tight gapped. I suggest the bigger one so you can get better at the carves bro. lol
Old 12-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntp_11 View Post
I'd prob pick up another board for POW and Park, but would be nice to have it all. The stickler for me I guess is how hard is the 153 gonna be in POW w my weight and height?!?
Yeah i know what you mean i hate choosing a board size sometimes lol. Maybe try out some friends boards that are around those sizes and make a decision based on that if you can?
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntp_11 View Post
I do believe highly that you should get the 157 cus you will sink with the 153. Im ten pounds heavier and the 157 just keeps me up.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ok cool. I think I'm roll w the 157. I'll just have to work it more through the trees.

So to throw a wrench into the thread (and asked this in an older post), how would you guys compare this to a Never Summer Proto CT? I'm a 70% all mountain 30% park rider.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
mjd

i'm your size/weight with a 9 boot and have ridden the trice 157 in deep pow many times. that said, i believe a 153 would not work as well.