Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Lib Tech Banana Magic vs. GNU Impossible ASS Pickle (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52491-lib-tech-banana-magic-vs-gnu.html)

NSXRguy 12-20-2012 03:10 PM

Lib Tech Banana Magic vs. GNU Impossible ASS Pickle

For those who have ridden the two, any thoughts on how they compare to each other???

I currently have the banana magic, and am considering picking up the ass pickle if i can find a good deal...

Any feedback is appreciated

Dpforlife 02-22-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSXRguy (Post 555241)
For those who have ridden the two, any thoughts on how they compare to each other???

I currently have the banana magic, and am considering picking up the ass pickle if i can find a good deal...

Any feedback is appreciated

I am in the same position, I have a magic also and want to pick up a impossible. I really hope someone can answer this question as I am wondering the same thing!!

hktrdr 02-22-2013 11:26 PM

Two somewhat different boards.
Magic has much more rocker and way deeper sidecut => great in powder and super turn happy. Far from the best for groomer bombing and all out charging.
GNU Impossible is the equivalent to the Attack Banana in shape => a bit more stability and charging inclined (but not too much considering the EC2 profile).

To be honest, I always thought the AB was a bit of a strange animal - too stiff to be really playful, but not a real charging board either. Not bad in the trees, though.
Love the Magic, but thought it was a deck for pretty specific application - in the end did not use it enough and gave it away.

Ueickap 03-15-2013 06:27 AM

Would love to hear some more opinions on this. I can't decide among the 2 boards. I've been reading up on both, and people have different opinions, so not sure what to trust.

hktrdr 03-15-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ueickap (Post 840346)
Would love to hear some more opinions on this. I can't decide among the 2 boards. I've been reading up on both, and people have different opinions, so not sure what to trust.

What are your preferred/intended riding style and location, requirements, etc. They are different boards for different purposes.

Ueickap 03-15-2013 10:35 AM

I ride all mountain freestyle - trees, natural features, pow. Groomers and park only if there is absolutely nothing else to do. Jibbing and urban - never.

GreyDragon 04-05-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 840874)
What are your preferred/intended riding style and location, requirements, etc. They are different boards for different purposes.

hk, any more insight you could provide on this?
I love my BMagic, but I'm really curious about the Impossible.
What do you see as the different purposes for these two boards?:icon_scratch:

hktrdr 04-06-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyDragon (Post 896298)
hk, any more insight you could provide on this?
I love my BMagic, but I'm really curious about the Impossible.
What do you see as the different purposes for these two boards?:icon_scratch:

Magic much more pow friendly and, because of the deep sidecut, super turn happy.
Impossible more or less like the Attack Banana - more stable and more of a charger board than the Magic.

Nivek 04-06-2013 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Impossible felt like a giant turd when I rode it. If you're looking for another Mervin to compliment your current board get a TRS, I was actually able to have fun on that one.

GreyDragon 04-06-2013 03:46 PM

Thanks for the comments guys.
I think you kept me from making a big mistake!
I"ll stick with my BMagic.
I got a 2013 TRS a few weeks ago, so that suggestion confirms my thought process.