Sizing help. In the market for a skate banana. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sizing help. In the market for a skate banana.

Im in the market for a stick. Im most likely gonna go with the new Lib Tech skate banana. I need help figuring out what size I should get. Im coming from a 2010 Ride Machete 158.

My Specs
-6" tall
-165 lbs
-size 11 Burton ruler
-L/XL Union bindings

All moutain riding. Dont hit the park. Most the year is hard packed man made snow. Not that much powder.

I was thinking a 156 or 154. More towards the 156.
TintedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd suggest away from the skate banana unless you've demoed it and really like it. It's a average park board at a premium price and from your post doesn't look like you even ride park. I would look into some of these and pick a few and try to demo them All Mountain Snowboards | evo
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

I rode my boys a few weeks ago and loved it. It was a 152 tho, which I think is a bit small for me. Im leaning towards doing more freestyle riding this year. I dont hit the park but want a softer and more playful board on the trails then my 158 Machete.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd go for the 159 wide. When you start bombing runs with that board (had the 2012 for a season) you'll want a bit of a longer board and it'll suit you well for learning park. The Burton Custom Flying V Wide would also be a great option for a bit cheaper if you get it on evo. It has similar specs but the base is a tad faster.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow thats a bit bigger then I want.

I was thinking about down sizing from my 158.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well it depends if you're going for a dedicated park board or more of a quiver killer. The park pickle is ment to be a dedicated park board so it isn't going to preform well if its on the smaller side and you want to ride it fast everywhere. Softer boards are really chatty at higher speeds
Old 12-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Went to my local ski shop and asked them a few questions. They told me the skate banana in a 156 would be pretty much the same setup im running now. And my buddy skate banana I rode was a 152. Which is much smaller and that why I noticed such a differance. They refered me to the new Burton Nug in 146. Its made to run 8-10 cm smaller than what you normal run. So ill be keeping an eye on them at the end of the season.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TintedOut View Post
Went to my local ski shop and asked them a few questions. They told me the skate banana in a 156 would be pretty much the same setup im running now. And my buddy skate banana I rode was a 152. Which is much smaller and that why I noticed such a differance. They refered me to the new Burton Nug in 146. Its made to run 8-10 cm smaller than what you normal run. So ill be keeping an eye on them at the end of the season.
How about an Arbor board? Westmark/Blacklist, Coda. Very very fun boards. Never rode the Lib Banana but arbor rocker is sick, and works.

If you really want the Nug (never rode one so I don't know) another to look at, and only because you can downsize on it, is the Rome Shank.

2013 Rome Shank Used and Reviewed

BA rode a 149 and had a blast. He weighs exactly the same as you. If I'm bored I hope to find a late season deal on one. Not sure I feel comfy being on a 145 though (145 lbs)
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default Skate Banana

I have a brand new blue 156' Skate Banana that I'm looking to sell if you're interested. PM me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TintedOut View Post
Im in the market for a stick. Im most likely gonna go with the new Lib Tech skate banana. I need help figuring out what size I should get. Im coming from a 2010 Ride Machete 158.

My Specs
-6" tall
-165 lbs
-size 11 Burton ruler
-L/XL Union bindings

All moutain riding. Dont hit the park. Most the year is hard packed man made snow. Not that much powder.

I was thinking a 156 or 154. More towards the 156.
wartime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Tinted Out
Just to give you my thoughts. I started out on a banana 159w it was my first real board. I learned to ride on it and hit park and jumps. Still learning park. It is not as soft as several people have stated. I have no real board experience but this board has served me very well in my rapid progression. I love it.

That said I just got a Arbor Westmark 156 I only have a day on it and am still getting used to it but it has more pop and flex. The smaller board is much more playful than the banana at this point. Like I said only one day on it.

Not really sure this was useful info or not just thought I'd share my experience on the SB