Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Help is my snowboard damaged?! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52545-help-my-snowboard-damaged.html)

JYM 12-21-2012 08:18 PM

Help is my snowboard damaged?!

Okay my first attmpt at waxing my snwoboard. I was doing great until i realized my iron was actually not working as intended. Its a piece of crap $7 iron i bought from target, that would keep turning off randomly. Not at timed intervals but randomly. I didnt know it turned off randomly and i thought i had the heat too low, so every time i kept cranking up the heat. All of the sudden i realized my board was getting pretty hot. I felt it, it was pretty hot but not hot enough for it to hurt my hand. Is my board ruined?? Like i was able to touch it and leave my hand on it...im curious if i messed up and ended up burning the pores of my board.

This is what i get for getting a cheap @!^& iron.

jdthai 12-21-2012 08:23 PM

you're fine.
Relax.
Get it done at the shop.

grafta 12-21-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JYM (Post 555750)
Okay my first attmpt at waxing my snwoboard. I was doing great until i realized my iron was actually not working as intended. Its a piece of crap $7 iron i bought from target, that would keep turning off randomly. Not at timed intervals but randomly. I didnt know it turned off randomly and i thought i had the heat too low, so every time i kept cranking up the heat. All of the sudden i realized my board was getting pretty hot. I felt it, it was pretty hot but not hot enough for it to hurt my hand. Is my board ruined?? Like i was able to touch it and leave my hand on it...im curious if i messed up and ended up burning the pores of my board.

This is what i get for getting a cheap @!^& iron.

Is the base all bubbled up and fucked?

If not you're good.

Do a search here for some of the vids on waxing. A lot of info, you prob already know man...

Donutz 12-21-2012 09:54 PM

If it wasn't hot enough to make you yank your hand away, you're probably ok. You don't just have a cheap iron, you have a broken one. I have a $6 iron from Value Village, but it works properly. Has steam holes too! I know exactly where to set it to wax the boards, and where to set it to wax the skis. And where the beer is.

jdmccright 12-21-2012 10:29 PM

Yep your iron does not work right but lucky for you snowboards are hard to mess up. Get a new iron dude.

JYM 12-22-2012 11:01 AM

Okay thats great to hear guys, whew and i thought i ruined a new board before i even rode it once.

Going up shasta this weekend for a whole week and its pouring POW up there!!! So excited :D

Mpjames 09 12-23-2012 12:47 AM

If you can afford it invest in a quality waxing iron , you can thank me later. A quality iron can last you for years and give you peace of mind. Check out a Toko T8. Good luck.