Help is my snowboard damaged?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
JYM

Default Help is my snowboard damaged?!

Okay my first attmpt at waxing my snwoboard. I was doing great until i realized my iron was actually not working as intended. Its a piece of crap $7 iron i bought from target, that would keep turning off randomly. Not at timed intervals but randomly. I didnt know it turned off randomly and i thought i had the heat too low, so every time i kept cranking up the heat. All of the sudden i realized my board was getting pretty hot. I felt it, it was pretty hot but not hot enough for it to hurt my hand. Is my board ruined?? Like i was able to touch it and leave my hand on it...im curious if i messed up and ended up burning the pores of my board.

This is what i get for getting a cheap @!^& iron.
JYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

you're fine.
Relax.
Get it done at the shop.
jdthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYM View Post
Okay my first attmpt at waxing my snwoboard. I was doing great until i realized my iron was actually not working as intended. Its a piece of crap $7 iron i bought from target, that would keep turning off randomly. Not at timed intervals but randomly. I didnt know it turned off randomly and i thought i had the heat too low, so every time i kept cranking up the heat. All of the sudden i realized my board was getting pretty hot. I felt it, it was pretty hot but not hot enough for it to hurt my hand. Is my board ruined?? Like i was able to touch it and leave my hand on it...im curious if i messed up and ended up burning the pores of my board.

This is what i get for getting a cheap @!^& iron.
Is the base all bubbled up and fucked?

If not you're good.

Do a search here for some of the vids on waxing. A lot of info, you prob already know man...
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

If it wasn't hot enough to make you yank your hand away, you're probably ok. You don't just have a cheap iron, you have a broken one. I have a $6 iron from Value Village, but it works properly. Has steam holes too! I know exactly where to set it to wax the boards, and where to set it to wax the skis. And where the beer is.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yep your iron does not work right but lucky for you snowboards are hard to mess up. Get a new iron dude.
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
JYM

Okay thats great to hear guys, whew and i thought i ruined a new board before i even rode it once.

Going up shasta this weekend for a whole week and its pouring POW up there!!! So excited
JYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

If you can afford it invest in a quality waxing iron , you can thank me later. A quality iron can last you for years and give you peace of mind. Check out a Toko T8. Good luck.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote