A few laps on the Burton Antler with Genesis bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default A few laps on the Burton Antler with Genesis bindings

Demo day here at Blue mountain ontario. Only 2 runs open, man made snow over an icy base. I weigh 190 and they have a 157.5 and a 160, I take the 157.5.

I'm told that its a custom X core inside to make it snappy, but softer than the Cx due to the other layers. The board plus bindings feels very light. Really light.

I like it. A lot. At slower speed when playing around the bindings have a little friendly give in them so if you're a little sloppy buttering you don't get tossed. If you push into the Genesis binding they push back really solid. Edge hold on the Antler is better than my Sherlock which is two years old, they are making progress with that tech. Little hops off bumps are very easy, turn initiation is easy too. The board stays stable at higher speeds.

I can see this board fitting in a couple different ways, edge hold is good enough that it could be a great one board quiver if you lived out east. Or it could be a very good half of a two part quiver in the east where the other board was cambered for best performance on ice, ie your other board could be a custom X.

If you lived out west and had a dedicated powder board this would be a good choice for the other days.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote