Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Atomic: Is it possible to strip the screw holes on a board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52569-atomic-possible-strip-screw-holes-board.html)

KeVin05 12-22-2012 08:34 PM

Atomic: Is it possible to strip the screw holes on a board?
 
First of all - did Atomic stop selling snowboards? Their snowboarding website seems to have gone kaput, unless I'm just completely inept at the google.

Anyway, I've got an Atomic Axum from 2010. Great board, but I'm struggling to figure out why the front binding won't stay put.

I have Burton custom's from 2010 and the front binding has been coming loose after only a few hours on the slopes. Then I have to tighten them again, and then a few hours later they start to wiggle again.

The only explanation I can think of is that the screw holes on my board have been stripped. Is this a problem anyone has seen before? Or is it the binding the true culprit?

The board is pretty much brand new. Atomic send me the board for free in 2010 after I snapped my old one in half, but this is only my second season riding it.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

StrattonRider 12-22-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeVin05 (Post 556032)
First of all - did Atomic stop selling snowboards? Their snowboarding website seems to have gone kaput, unless I'm just completely inept at the google.

Anyway, I've got an Atomic Axum from 2010. Great board, but I'm struggling to figure out why the front binding won't stay put.

I have Burton custom's from 2010 and the front binding has been coming loose after only a few hours on the slopes. Then I have to tighten them again, and then a few hours later they start to wiggle again.

The only explanation I can think of is that the screw holes on my board have been stripped. Is this a problem anyone has seen before? Or is it the binding the true culprit?

The board is pretty much brand new. Atomic send me the board for free in 2010 after I snapped my old one in half, but this is only my second season riding it.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

put some blue locktite on it and it should not come loose

Bones 12-22-2012 09:29 PM

Try a shorter screw.

Same thing happened with a friend last year. Turned out that the screw was a smidge too long and bottomed out before it really clamped down on the binding.

glm 12-22-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrattonRider (Post 556034)
put some blue locktite on it and it should not come loose

Yep. I put teflon tape on mine and it's stayed in for 3 months with no wiggle.

slyder 12-22-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones (Post 556035)
Try a shorter screw.

Same thing happened with a friend last year. Turned out that the screw was a smidge too long and bottomed out before it really clamped down on the binding.

I have heard of this as well never happened to me though

Is this a new set up or have you been using the same set up. Meaning if you've used the same screws on this board before I doubt they are to long. Have you visually compared all the screws make sure they are all the same length and 1 or 2 isn't longer

Never thought of teflon tape, but worth a try. My vote is always blue loctite someone mentioned clear nail polish as well, again I have never tried that.

Let us know if any of this helped


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2